The Militaria Collector's Network, or MCN, was set up in November 1998. It's aims are to bring together collectors and dealers from all over the world so that they may share knowledge and experience in our mutual hobby.
It really came about because of the disillusionment of a few collectors who were finding that the Internet was of no real help if you had a problem or query. It seemed to be full of spam, adverts and the like, with no sense of camaraderie. What was needed was a forum that offered help, advice, fake alerts, recommendations of honest dealers (as well as warning of bad ones!) and a friendly atmosphere.
One of the main advantages of the MCN is that we are basically a bunch of committed collectors who really care about our hobby. We strive to help our members find out about unidentified items within their collections, trade/sell between ourselves, share information etc.
Their word is law, be nice to them. They have the power...
- No SPAM or unsolicited adverts!
- Keep it on topic. We are here to discuss collecting militaria and military history. Avoid getting into political, religious or other off topic discussions.
- Personal messages should be sent by direct e-mail or Personal Messenger, unless there is something for the rest of us to learn out of it.
- Try to avoid excessive quoting, edit your replies before sending.
- No flaming or giving of abuse. If you feel someone has done wrong, either take it off-list or contact the administrator. Keep it civil, be courteous and respectful to your fellow MCN'ers.
- No neo-nazi, revisionist, racist comments. They'll be deleted and you'll be banned.
- Any grievances should be notified to the administrator. If you are defrauded by a collector or dealer then we want to know about it!
- If an ADMIN calls END EX, (Police and military term for END EXCERCISE) that's it. DO NOT COMMENT FURTHER. The topic is closed. If you comment further you will be warned and/or banned.
- No responsibility or liability can be taken by the administrator, group members for any problems resulting from advice, information or opinions given within the MCN.
- Anyone who consistently breaches these guidelines, or acts out with the spirit of the MCN will have their membership terminated.
- The administrator's decision is final.
With an ever increasing membership, it is necessary to have some sort of rules, although these are more like guidelines. We appreciate that not everyone is computer literate, so if in doubt, just e-mail the administrator at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Above all, the MCN is here to discuss militaria, so please contribute. The group is only as good as it's members. Don't wait for someone else to make the first move, tell us about your latest acquisition, or your collection in general. Remember, the MCN is YOU, so make it WORK!!
Thanks, and good collecting.
MCN Chief Administrator.