All Activity

This stream auto-updates     

1. Today
  2. Did i mention that unfreezing these old screws is my most favorite part of this hobby?
  3. Got them off. Heating with soldering iron combined with gently hammering the edges of the screw slits.
  4. Yesterday
  5. Richard Auld

DAK/TROPICAL BELT AND BUCKLE #2

to demonstrate what I mean... See picture.
  6. Richard Auld

DAK/TROPICAL BELT AND BUCKLE #2

Just an observation. The eagle from the front is quite rusted and that appears to continue to the reverse of the buckle and the 'ears'! Yet a webbing tab that is on this buckle since the war has no rust marks that have transfered from the buckle? Also the stiching to the tab is quite bright and fresh looking? I think there is more to be discussed here? Or am I barking mad? Rich
  7. Desert Rat

War&Peace Show Kent

Hello Waff, Thanks for reminding us of this great show.....but I will be on my way to the Cote d' Azur by then, good to say but I will miss the show! Have a good time and show us all your newly aquired items. Best wishes me ol mate.....Ian
  8. Waffenamt

War&Peace Show Kent

Anyone on it? Yours truly stalling out there from the 23rd
  9. Desert Rat

Hello from Oslo

Hello Kap, Welcome to MCN, great images and items. Same as Rich, never seen the yellow one before....can you explain please? Or is it Air Raid patrol helmet? Best to you....Desert Rat
  10. fieldgear

HBT Tunic & Pants

New Price US$1600 PM if interested - thank you!
  11. Richard Auld

Hello from Oslo

Welcome, what is the yellow one all about? Best Rich
  12. Here is the picture of the strange frequency fine-tuning knob. It looks like the screws have been countersunk into soft material, and the knob hardened around them. Really strange look. I can't see how I can even unscrew these.
  13. Last week
  14. kap

Hello from Oslo

Hello from Oslo. I mainly collect german helmets and fieldgear. /Kyrre Pedersen
  15. Hi, just testing the forum.
  16. Thank you FS. We can communicate on 472-479 KHz here with a max output of 5 watts. I am building a 1/4 wave 600 meter meander dipole antenna for this purpose. If I can get 5% efficiency from this antenna at 100 watts, I will be happy.
  17. Hello Remco, Any luck in your digging ? Cheers Pascal
  18. The Asbestos is best touched as little as possible, certainly don't do anything to is that might cause loose fibres to escape. I power the 100 W.S. through a U100, since I only use it with a dummy load (KA100) I am not worried about restricting the power. Long wave is completely unusable here for amateur use due to ADSL interference anyway, so using it in a QSO is out of the question. Rather than replace the grease, I revitalise the old grease with thin oil (WD40 or equivalent). Grease consist of oil in an emulsifier (typically a soap), they harden because the light ends of the oil evaporate over time. By adding thin oil and working the bearing you mix the light ends back into the grease giving it a new lease of life. The big advantage of using this method is that it prevents you having to take the bearings out for cleaning and re-greasing so you won't have to dismantle the complete transmitter. Use penetrating oil on the screws of the frequency tuning knob and be patient. They should come undone eventually... regards, Funksammler
  19. Any ideas about removing the fine-tuning frequency knob? The screws are frozen.
  20. Spectroscopic Optical Telegraph {The Morse Machine). Don't laugh it's not so simple as you'd think and was probably secure. www.britishpathe.com/video/the-morse-machine/query/morse ABSTRACT 489,357. VISIBLE SIGNALLING APPARATUS. BRUSCAGLIONI, R. OCT. 20, 1936, NO. 28534. VOID. CONVENTION DATE, OCT. 21, 1935. DRAWINGS TO SPECIFICATION. [CLASS 118 (II)] LIGHT SIGNALS ARE GIVEN BY FORMING A SPECTRUM AT THE TRANSMITTING STATION, STOPPING OUT PART OR PARTS OF THE SPECTRUM AND RECOMBINING THE LIGHT FOR TRANSMISSION AS A MIXED BEAM. THE PORTION OF THE SPECTRUM STOPPED IS ARRANGED SO AS NOT APPRECIABLY TO EFFECT THE COLOUR OF THE MIXED BEAM AND THE ABSENCE OF THE STOPPED RAYS IS OBSERVED BY SPECTROSCOPIC EXAMINATION AT THE RECEIVING-STATION. THE STOPPING SCREENS MAY BE OPERATED FROM A KEYBOARD AND THE RECEIVED SIGNALS MAY BE RECORDED BY MEANS OF A SPECTROGRAPHIC CAMERA.
  21. Any advice on the best lubricant for tuning gears? Something similar to what was originally used, but not corrosive to the metal.
  22. To make things clear, I have this type: female built-in Male plug: Male buit-in: I assume there exists a female plug to connect to the male built-in, but never saw one of these.
  23. fieldgear

Winding Handles for Abspuler

New price everyone. US$95 PayPal F&F. I will pay postage worldwide. This fits both Abspuler and Aufspuler.
  24. Richard Auld

Heer EM/NCO Dress buckle and belt

Here is the problem these days! Ebay de! These are crude but there are better ones available. Notice the incomplete swastika to comply with ebay and you could probably get away with that if it was a light strike! Rich
  25. Hello Remco, I have some of the male connectors, both built-in and cable plug, some female built-in, but no female plug for cable. If you have one (or more) of those, I'm interested. Thanks
  26. Desert Rat

British Pull Switch

Hello, Thanks for showing us this very rare item on MCN.....I presume it was WW2.....S.O.E......? Best to you ...Desert Rat/ IanB/ UK
  27. Funksammler

Verteilerkasten Batterie Mitte

I should have some of the funny plugs with the side contacts lying around somewhere. Let me know if they might be of interest, need to dig them out... regards, Funksammler
  28. Frogfiller

British Pull Switch

For Sale: An original WWII British pull switch device to be used in conjunction with a trip wire for firing mines and booby traps. Complete and full functional, with facsimile of the instruction pamphlet issued by the War Department in 1941. US$125 + postage at cost
  1. Load more activity