Toy submarine?

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Got this little wooden submarine in the other day. I love it, but wondered if anyone recognised the class of sub? Royal Navy P57 was a U class but looks a bit different. Kriegsmarine U-57 was a type IIC which also looks different.

Any ideas? I'm also wondering if it was a toy or maybe a map marker. Seems a bit elaborate for a map marker???

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

To be honest I dont think its either, I reckon its a sailors carving made for a son, its elaborate because the guy was good with wood carving, quite a lot of sailors did these to pass their spare time on board, some were even of battleships, I think this guy might have been a submariner

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
2 minutes ago, Davejb said:

To be honest I dont think its either, I reckon its a sailors carving made for a son, its elaborate because the guy was good with wood carving, quite a lot of sailors did these to pass their spare time on board, some were even of battleships, I think this guy might have been a submariner

Cheers, makes sense. What nationality would you guess?

I would guess German, but it could be anyones, but the sub looks German rather that English

• Upvote 1

I think you were right comparing it to that other object in your picture..... Could it be a " BULLET " Class Sub 9_9.......Check out the striker pin on the deck............!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 2