Question about a vendor

John Bardwell

I'm wondering if any of you have done business with Kelley's Military in New Hampshire. I intend to order a tunic from them but I'd like some feedback first.

Thanks!

John

Never heard of them, but that doesn't mean anything either. I am going to watch this to see what is said.

-Mike

• Downvote 1

Well I,ve been on their site, and it appears to me that their uniforms are all repros, their original helmets have been repainted, with repro liners, chinstraps etc. Compare the prices to original uniforms, these ones are cheap re-enactment uniforms, you dont get a Panzer wrap jacket for £60.or SS camos for £70.

• Upvote 2

If its the same people either Keeleys or kelleys militaria then a lot of their gear is repro, some original but no tunics as far as I can see, so be careful , check what you are trying to buy

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a repro "M42" tunic from them recently but in reality it appears to be more like a summer model Drillichbluse 2nd model. It's unlined and well made and the price was right (at least for me) and it fits. I just finished sewing the cuff title, chest eagle, collar tabs and rank chevron on but haven't yet added the medals, etc. This replaces the repro M42 I got from Hessen a while back which is too big and for sale here.

new tunic 4-18-16.jpg

Edited by John Bardwell

• Major General

Tunic looks good quality.

only thing is, you should really use a bevo eagle, drill chevron and omit the backing on the collar litzen, which should be generic grey.also drill material shoulder straps if available, but wool would suffice at a push as most wouldn't get these due to supply problems.

I'm unsure whether a cuff band would be worn on drillich tunics, but again, could be a personalised touch!

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the input. I need all I can get so my stuff is accurate.

Edited by John Bardwell
Additional info found.