The Sound Barrier

Davejb

Just watched a film that I had,nt seen since I was a kid, The Sound Barrier, made in the early 50s with Ralph Richardson, Nigel Patrick, John Justin, and Denholm Elliot, Basically how pioneers in aviation reached that barrier that killed people like Geoffrey De Havilland. It was pretty factual plus aircraft like the  Vickers Supermarine Swift,Vickers Supermarine Attacker, de Havilland Comet and Vampire 113 were used, also one of the technical advisors was Jeffrey Quill OBE.. AFC, the man that was test pilot for the Spitfire. These older films have been restored and it just shows you what acting is all about. But I,m still waiting for The Small Back Room to come on, all about wartime Bomb Disposal, If you get the chance watch the film, theres some pretty good flying sequences in there.

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

The sound barrier,no interest in fiddling with things that go boom lol,been on the receiving end ;).

:falling-bomb-smiley-emoticon:

I suspect its a bit like letting the fox into the hen house then. I have to admit I.ve been on the receiving end of a few nasty incidents as a cop not like yours but enough to make me wonder what the hell I was doing there

• Upvote 1