The most common fake/fantasy buckle

Lenny

• Field Marshall

This is probably the most common fake/fantasy buckle ever seen. Hardly a day goes by without someone asking if it's real or not. Oh how I wish they were all as easy as this to authenticate. ;)
You see this with many different fronts, all wrong. The catch was never like this on ANY original buckle. Made in Poland I believe???

12524400_10209380034686499_5171092540877062092_n.jpg

12592588_10209380034846503_8280073465174652213_n.jpg

• Upvote 1

Hi Lenny,

God needs to be with anyone that asks if this is an original WW2 Heer SS German buckle :D;)

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

Yup, still people on FB and Firums asking if they're real..

Yep that catch is a dead giveaway. It worries me that some people don't know more about the items they collect.:(

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

I found a new one this weekend!

SS steel buckle marked RZM 155/43  the buckle is almost perfect just barely curved. I had one of mine with me. The silver paint is just a touch off but almost exact. The RZM stamping protrudes out. There are some very slight differences. I wanted to take pictures but the guy grabbed it off the table when I was comparing the real one to his fake. I'm sure he will be around next time I'll start right off taking photos! Anyone else seen these around yet their not the Hungarian made ones anymore these are really good.

• Upvote 1