Museum of Flight, East Fortune.

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Ok, how about a MCN day out for the Scottish squad? I'm thinking East Fortune Aircraft Museum, or as the posh folk call it, Museum of Flight?

http://www.nms.ac.uk/national-museum-of-flight/

Anyone up for that? A few cars, get together, drive through, coffee and bacon rolls, wander about, have a laugh?

Numbers and prospective dates?

Screen Shot 2016-04-03 at 23.54.59.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-03 at 23.54.46.pngScreen Shot 2016-04-03 at 23.55.09.png

• Upvote 1

• Lenny featured this topic

Me too, stick my name down for it Lenny please.....I wanted to go through at the weekend with the wife,...she was'nt too amused, so I've still not been there yet......:)

BTW, there's a house  across from the entrance with a massive piece of landing gear c/w wheels lying against a wall, any idea what it's off of??? :) 

airplane wheel.jpg

Edited by Norrie
Add picture.
  • Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

Anyone who is up to meet up outside Edinburgh is welcome.. ;)

Guest Fred Karno's Army

If anybody wants a lift from the Northwest,I will be going from the LA3 area and will have four spare seats,just chuck in for juice ;).Prior to vetting,correct jabs and visas needed to travel that far Norf. O.o

Below is my rough route if anyone is interested  :ph34r:.

:smiley-driving-jeep:

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, Norrie said:

Me too, stick my name down for it Lenny please.....I wanted to go through at the weekend with the wife,...she was'nt too amused, so I've still not been there yet......:)

BTW, there's a house  across from the entrance with a massive piece of landing gear c/w wheels lying against a wall, any idea what it's off of??? :) 

Not sure, not really my thing... someone will know though.. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Ham & Jam said:

If anybody wants a lift from the Northwest,I will be going from the LA3 area and will have four spare seats,just chuck in for juice ;).Prior to vetting,correct jabs and visas needed to travel that far Norf. O.o

Fantastic, you'll be made most welcome... Really impressed you'd make that journey mat @Ham & Jam :)

4 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

image.jpeg

Hiya, personally, if it was me, I'd be going up through the Borders,. going directly up the M74,  and the City Bypass can be a bit of a bind with roadworks and traffic...the A68 takes you out at the museum end of the Edinburgh Bypass, you then only have a few miles along the A1 to your turn off...:)

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
4 hours ago, Lenny said:

Fantastic, you'll be made most welcome... Really impressed you'd make that journey mat @Ham & Jam :)

I have always fancied going there to be honest as long as it's relatively quiet,it would be a rare outing and something to look forward too ;), @Norrie duly noted and thanks for that.Might throw the tent in and rough it overnight if no one else needs a lift as the route looks to be through some nice remote areas too :).

• Major General

I'm up for it too, just need to travel along the A71 from Killie to EK to meet up, or further to Edinburgh, whatever's easiest.....

• Upvote 1

Need to be a Saturday for me but I'd be up for itxD

15 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

I have always fancied going there to be honest as long as it's relatively quiet,it would be a rare outing and something to look forward too ;), @Norrie duly noted and thanks for that.Might throw the tent in and rough it overnight if no one else needs a lift as the route looks to be through some nice remote areas too :).

It's a cracking route through the borders, there's some gorgeous scenery...unfortunately, I'm restricted to 40mph max speed on the A68  on my vehicle and am always too busy to look at the views......:) Just watch out for the speed cameras if you do go that way, plenty of them on that road...:)

15 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

I'm up for it too, just need to travel along the A71 from Killie to EK to meet up, or further to Edinburgh, whatever's easiest.....

Bil, if you cant make it to EK to meet up, I'm very close to What's it Called??? LOL....Cumbernauld, so, if it's easier, you can come to mine and travel through with me..:)

I'm easy for any weekend day....can you remember to order decent weather too please......??? :) 

• Upvote 1

• Major General

@Norrie, meet at EK may be easiest if that's good for you and possibly Lenny too.

• Upvote 1

On 4/6/2016 at 11:15, Bil4338 said:

@Norrie, meet at EK may be easiest if that's good for you and possibly Lenny too.

Hi Bill, not for me actually, I'm on the M80, ( J4) and can be in Edinburgh in 25mins mate... Only an hour from the museum for me...:)

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Ok, must've misunderstood @Norrie!

4 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

Ok, must've misunderstood @Norrie!

I thought it might be easier for you Bill...:) 

No worries tho...:)

• Field Marshall

Ok guys, let's get a date sorted.

@Libertesoe can you definetly not do a Sunday as it would be quieter???

if not does a Saturday suit everyone else????

For me, either day will do..I don't work weekends, some say I don't work Mon-Frid either......But, I can go with the flow Lenny...:)

• Upvote 1

• Lenny locked, unlocked and locked this topic