Museum of Flight, East Fortune.

Lenny

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Just booking a travelodge at Edinburgh as we speak for the Sunday night and then I break up the journey :D. @Norrie does your your lad need that stuff before as I can bring it along if not I can post but havesome bigger bits for him ;).

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

1 hour ago, Ham & Jam said:

Just booking a travelodge at Edinburgh as we speak for the Sunday night and then I break up the journey :D. @Norrie does your your lad need that stuff before as I can bring it along if not I can post but havesome bigger bits for him ;).

Hiya, Just hold onto the stuff till we meet at the Museum....double exciting day for me now... His project talk aint till the end of May..:) I think I might have to run him onto school with all the stuff he's going to have....:)

Travel Lodge is good too....I use them too as I really cant stand Lenny Henry and his inane drivel...LOL....:) The wife was a manager with Premier Inn too....

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

Hi, Just a suggestion, its a great day out but Sunday 5th of June would be the best day for a visit. (Local knowledge) .

Its there annual "Wartime Experience" day a fantastic day out. Shows, re-enactment, military vehicles etc, bit of an air show too. Mobile Military Museum will also be on full display there on the day.

just a thought.

so you get the Military show plus everything else the museum has to offer.

Edited by Mobmilmus
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

Good idea but it doesn't suit everybody on that date.maybe a return visit for some, or next year perhaps.put it in the calendar....

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Ok, last call??? Shout out for numbers... Anybody needing transport???

So far we have...

@Norrie

@Lenny

Moi....:)

BTW, I can pickup from the Cumbernauld/Falkirk area...:)

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

• Major General

Erm...me too, if I drive to yours.booked the day off.

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

So far we have...

@Bil4338

@Ham & Jam

@Norrie

@Lenny

11 minutes ago, Bil4338 said:

Erm...me too, if I drive to yours.booked the day off.

Yup, no worries...

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

last call for names.. :)

Seemingly, it's to be a scorcher of a day on Sunday...:) Take some sun cream...LOL....:)

Guest Fred Karno's Army
2 hours ago, Norrie said:

Seemingly, it's to be a scorcher of a day on Sunday...:) Take some sun cream...LOL....:)

You mean you get the Sun in Scotland O.o,I better unpack my snow shoes,and balaclava......although on second thoughts maybe just the snow shoes lol :ph34r:.

1 hour ago, Ham & Jam said:

You mean you get the Sun in Scotland O.o,I better unpack my snow shoes,and balaclava......although on second thoughts maybe just the snow shoes lol :ph34r:.

Yep, we do, it's been a superb day today, I was driving my lorry with the heating turned off for the first time this year today....:)

I've ordered decent weather for between 9am and 5pm on Sunday...so, I've got my Jesus sandles , white socks and shorts looked out...woooohooooo....:)

• Upvote 1

• Major General

I've already packed the 'oop north translator' for our sassenach chums...:PB|

• Upvote 1

56 minutes ago, Ham & Jam said:

Duth cap to thee @Bil4338 tha knows owt make us welcome chum,anywhere tut feed me pigeons ? :D

Bring lots of Stotties please..filled with bacon......:)

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Am from Lancashire not Yorkshire tha noes, lol ;) if a stottie is Yarkshire fare !

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Major General

All nutters welcome!:hello:

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, Ham & Jam said:

What the he'll is a stottie lol o.O

You havent lived till you chomped on a Stottie....food of the gods, well, the N.E.England gods...:)

Thought I'd wet yer appetites of what yer going to see, and the weather we are going to have...:) This was my last trip to an Aircraft Museum in 2014...:) 

day out1.jpg

doyout2.jpg

dayout3.jpg

dayout4.jpg

dayout5.jpg

• Major General

Dont worry about yer stotties, there might be lotsa bridies, mutton pies and haggis to feast on!

• Upvote 2

• Lenny locked, unlocked and locked this topic