Munchen Now and Then

Lenny

I do enjoy these then and now videos, it amazes me that even some of the roof chimneys and smoke stacks are the same and also the overhead tram wires are exactly the same, you expect that there are differences in the buildings, ie newer fronts, modern revamps here and there, trees, etc, but its the small things you can notice, which you would think have or would have been changed, but they,re not

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Brilliant video Lenny, thanks for sharing that.

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I loved the After the Battle magazines then and now photos years ago,amazing with some how little has changed over the years.

Visited Munich last year, very much the same layout as pre war, with the majority of the destroyed buildings having been rebuilt identical.

The same person has also done Obersalzberg Now & Then, and Nurnberg Now & Then. 

They are well worth a watch as well.

download.jpg

download (1).jpg

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

Visited Munich a couple of years back, enroute to Austria. Didn't really take to it as a city other than the historical side of things but the film puts everything into perspective for me and I can see why much of it is still scrubby, overgrown and hard on the eye. These films are great. I loved the Obersalzburg one and will definitely take the unofficial path tour on the way up, next time I visit.......lots more history to see that way and a few less tourists to dodge!

• Upvote 1