Local Scrapyards Gate Guardians..

Norrie

Hiya, Forgot about these, thought you might like to see my local scrappies gate guardians..I'm lead to believe they paid only for weight in scrap steel....:)

I've got more of the interior of the Scaracens if anyone wants to see them, I'll have a root around for them, and post them up...:)

IMG_3562.JPG

IMG_3563.JPG

IMG_3564.JPG

IMG_3565.JPG

IMG_3566.JPG

Along the A1 heading North, there used to be a"scrap yard" cars and heavy equipment, that you could see from the road. There used to be an English Electric Lightning jet , as a gate Guard, and it was in pretty good shape. Its a shame to see these iconic pieces going to ruin.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Davejb said:

Along the A1 heading North, there used to be a"scrap yard" cars and heavy equipment, that you could see from the road. There used to be an English Electric Lightning jet , as a gate Guard, and it was in pretty good shape. Its a shame to see these iconic pieces going to ruin.

Totally agree Dave....I grew up, loving the EE Lightning, and in my teens,  the F4 too, and to see some of the pics of wrecks lying around isn't nice...BUT, if I had a decent Lottery win....there's every chance i'd have stuff like that in my garden...:)

It does break my heart seeing those Scaracens like that, but at least they havent been "weighed in" and have been there for many years...:)

• Upvote 1