LW CLEMENS WAGNER TROPENHELM

Manu Della Valle

Beautifully preserved LW Tropenhelm made by Clemens Wagner.The goggles came with it and have been on the pith forever since the elastic band isn't "elastic" anymore!It has seen action and comes from Southern Italy!Since Clemens Wagner made these pith helms for a relatively short time before the end of 1942 I like to think that this one has seen the African Front as well,since many LW units in Southern Italy came straight from Tunisia! 

Cheers

Manu

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Manu Della Valle
Must definitely switch the Italian keyboard to the English one!>:-(
  • Upvote 3

Thanks @DAK D......it's a real beaut and very,very well preserved!The only issue is that one of the shields has lost a prong (see hole in the lining!) and that the owner must have put on a new or a different eagle at a certain point,since there are holes for an eagle whose prongs were differently spaced!That doesn't detract at all for the eagle has been on the helm forever!I don't have any shirmmutze eagle to compare but who knows..our friend could as well fitted one before changing his mind or getting his @## chewed!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1

Hi @Manu Della Valle,

Yes it is a real beauty all right :)

I did notice that a pin was broken, but they break easy and even if the bird has been replaced i don't think it is an issue at all.

D

• Upvote 1

• Major General

That is an obscenely nice wee ensemble...as usual!

love the ink stamps too.

• Upvote 2

@Bil4338....thank you so much for your kind words,mate!I'm glad you liked that!^_^
Cheers
Manu

A lovely example indeed Manny and I agree the missing clasp detracts nothing from the piece what so ever and only adds to the helmet as does the light wear and staining on the piece it only adds to the validity that it was field used..

Regards Mark   

Edited by Mark K
  • Upvote 1

Personally I think that is the best Lufty Tropenhelm I,ve ever seen, I would say its as near mint as you can get for its age, and a lovely blued eagle. God I wish I,d never sold my WH one , I used to sit and look at it every day, it had near pristine decals and was a deep tan. but now I can look at yours with envy

• Upvote 1

Thank you so much for your very kind words @Davejb...I've sold many items which I still regret having sold even after decades,so I perfectly understand how you feel about that!

Cheers

Manu 

• 2 weeks later...

Man that is beautiful I haven't seen one in that condition! Thanks for sharing

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 01 maggio 2016 at 01:12, dagodave said:

On 01 maggio 2016 at 01:12, dagodave said:

Thank you for stopping and watching Dave! 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Now for sale!
Part of my collection must go and make room for something else!I've put all the items I've got on sale here on eBay as well..I've noticed that sometimes the prices differ,but there's no need to say that the lower price will be the right one!
I don't like to part with this beauty because just like the vast majority of the items from my collection comes with a story,having been found in Italy and not bought from who knows who or from some site!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1