tv memorabilia

Omaha Beach Ball

• Major General

I've been watching some of it while off work, great series, forgotten much of it.

excellent uniform btw, is that you with wild Bill?

What a purchase, the museum are dead lucky to have it, I met Malarky at the War and Peace show, what a humble man he is, shook his hand and thanked him for what he and the others did, he said he did no more than anyone else did in the war

• 2 weeks later...

Did you re stitch the Parachute badge on the side cap?

Wrote to Dick Winters, Don Malarkey, Bill Guernere and Shifty Powers in 2004. Got replies from all of them, mostly handwritten. They were all nice guy's.....a great generation!

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

This is probably my favourite TV worn set in my collection.It was worn by actor Chris Carnegie in the BBC mini series 'All the Kings Men'. Based on the Norfolks Regiments Sandringham battalion which was annihilated in Gallipoli.

Chris is in the picture shown,kneeling in shirt sleeves middle bottom.David Jason can be seen on the right.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Major General

Wow! Nice one Ham. Cant watch that series again as those Turks boiled my blood doing what they did... Nearly kicked my telly in.>:(

I,have a couple of pieces from film and TV, If any of you remember the TV series Spearhead, I have one of the Wessex Rangers Cap badges, My best item is a pair of fleece lined jackboots, worn by Richard Burtons Stuntman on Where Eagles Dare, I did have a pair of German johdpers that was used on the Film  Escape To Athena , inside the rear belt line was written Roger Moore, I think I still have a Russian belt and brass buckle from Enemy at the Gates somewhere and a German belt and SS buckle from A Bridge too Far, A mate of mine has the original flying helmet and oxy mask that Kenneth More used in Reach for the Sky, and that is an original wartime piece, another guy I know who was a special action extra on BOB brought back his German helmet, and a pal called Jerry Hammond was the same in the series and he got his American helmet, in fact he has become a noted author on fishing and owns a local fishery. Most of the filming for BOB was done at Hatfield a few miles from me and another scene was at Royston near Cambridge, almost in the field where my sister walked her dogs

On 5 March 2016 at 06:57, Davejb said:

I,have a couple of pieces from film and TV, If any of you remember the TV series Spearhead, I have one of the Wessex Rangers Cap badges, My best item is a pair of fleece lined jackboots, worn by Richard Burtons Stuntman on Where Eagles Dare, I did have a pair of German johdpers that was used on the Film  Escape To Athena , inside the rear belt line was written Roger Moore, I think I still have a Russian belt and brass buckle from Enemy at the Gates somewhere and a German belt and SS buckle from A Bridge too Far, A mate of mine has the original flying helmet and oxy mask that Kenneth More used in Reach for the Sky, and that is an original wartime piece, another guy I know who was a special action extra on BOB brought back his German helmet, and a pal called Jerry Hammond was the same in the series and he got his American helmet, in fact he has become a noted author on fishing and owns a local fishery. Most of the filming for BOB was done at Hatfield a few miles from me and another scene was at Royston near Cambridge, almost in the field where my sister walked her dogs

There was quite a bit of BOB kit kicking about at the beginning but I believe it was swallowed up very quickly. I was lucky enough to get one of the last Resin Garands used in the series. 

We stayed at a B&B in Normandy a few years back, the Ivy House. It was owned and run by a Steve and Sarah. He was an ex Soldier and had also been an extra in BOB. He loved it. Think they got some stuff to keep.

• Upvote 1