WW1/2 Weapons?

HetzersGonnaHetz

I have lots of things at home that can be used for preserving WW1/2 guns, WD40, Gun oil, I don't want to remove paint or anything like that, just stop the rust from developing or continuing, so what is best for that. If it's good I'll order some off Amazon, it's just a shame to see a historic artefact go to waste because I didn't put the write stuff on it. Mainly looking at metal here as I've heard  boiled linseed oil is good for wood.

Any help appreciated, kind regards,

Harvey

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I used to lurve :x the smell of WD40 and still do to this day,I used to coat everything that moved in my deact and firearms collection with it,and some that didn't  :D.

:patrolling-soldier:

• 3 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

Don't use WD40, that's not what it's meant for....

For gun oil, I only use Ballistol. If it was god enough for the Kaiser's army it's good enough for me... ;)

http://www.ballistol.com/

Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 11.45.14.png

• Upvote 2

Yes Lenny, I ordered the Gunnex Ballistol, for the metal parts of bayos should I use RenWax, ordered some the other week and put it on my helmet... My french helmet that is, what did you think I mean hehe. Before I apply it do I heat it up or do I apply it straight out off the jar.

• Field Marshall

Renaissance wax just needs a gentle application... ;)

• Upvote 1

Okey dokey, I'm also getting some neatsfoot oil for the leather areas of the P'07 bayo.

Get some Lord Sheratons leather balsam, it cleans the leather, keeps it pliable and protects it, it also does,nt change the colour, I ve used this for years on leather in helmets. Saddlers will not use Neatsfoot oil on their saddles as it can rot stitching over time

• Upvote 3

Oh ok, cheers @Davejb, @Lenny do you think you could set up a subsection just for Dave's stories. 

• Field Marshall

I was just about to say Lord Sheraton's, it's the dog's danglies... ;)

• Upvote 2

What ever you do ,dont put it on the dogs danglies, he wont be pleased:S

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army
4 hours ago, Davejb said:

What ever you do ,dont put it on the dogs danglies, he wont be pleased:S

@HetzersGonnaHetz always remember to wear protective clothing when using some of these substances,they can be harmful to your health if you get them on your skin,or other exposed areas ;).

image.png

Oh my lord, where'd you get that, I want one! Hehe :D 

I,m getting a bit worried about you Hetz, I think you,ve been around Steve T a bit too long, he wears something very similar, but in lilac:o

• Upvote 2

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@DAK D That my friend is my casual cleaning outfit,keeps that pesky bacteria away from my delicate skin :x

I don't dress like that normally,as you can see below :P:D.

image.png

Oh my what has this forum come to, ruined before it had got on its feet hehe :D 

Good Lord, please remove that from my sight, imagine meeting that in a dark alley one night, and H&J your collection of gimp photos is really disturbing, you,ve been watching too much Pulp Fiction!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Lenny Don't worry mate I thank you for the offer of pushing me round East Fortune next week as my normal 'handler' is away ;).

image.jpeg

Paul, go home you're drunk hehe :D 

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
11 minutes ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

Paul, go home you're drunk hehe :D 

It numbs the pain :P.

DIVE !, DIVE !, DIVE ,!

:submarine:

Hope you've had a good night mate, what are you drinking as I've told you only a half of lighter fluid a day hehe :D 

• Upvote 1