Tiger 131

Lenny

Davejb

The grand old Tiger, whatever they say about it ,it was a very impressive Tank . If it had been produced a lot earlier I think we would have run into a whole lot more grief 

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...
Manu Della Valle

I like the last sentence!I liked the whole clip actually,but the words "The chances of US and Allied tank crewmen bumping into the Tiger in WW2 are going to be very slim but if you do bump into one you gonna remember it!" sum the whole thing up!

• Upvote 1
Guest Fred Karno's Army

Love an old ditty a Normandy vet told me once,he was a Sherman driver and wounded in Normandy,he said when they used to play bingo in the holding camps for DDay if the two eights came out, 88 it brought shouts of,

• 'DRIVER REVERSE !'   :D
  • 4 years later...
Desert Rat

They used to always say in the "Western Desert" where my Dad fought for 2 years...the Italian tanks have 1 forward gear and 5 reverse gears......I don't wish to offend anyone, but this was the men who I spoke to who came home after the Italian landings to prepare for D-Day....that this was their joke!!!

Davejb

There was an old film called "They were not divided" made in 1950, in that film they had two real Tigers which they set fire to, the pyro guy on set was to lay small charges but he got it wrong and blew them up, but for him we could have had 3 Tigers at the Tank museum

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
Desert Rat

Hello Dave,

Yes I am sure you are right on Salisbury Plain in Dorset, that's where most of the tanks were tested and I believe even today -that is the main area for Army testing vehicles etc. Watch the Video Lenny has posted at the top.

Sorry my mistake..!

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text