Eden Camp museum

Davejb

Hi all, If you ever get the chance, go visit this museum, its in North Yorkshire, but if your ever up that way its a must see. They converted an original POW camp into a museum and in there is all sorts, working models, heavy guns, a few aircraft, but it houses one of the largest collections of original medal sets there is, every type of medal is there including VCs MMs, DFCs, you name it its there. Also there is a huge peg board with well over a hundred original German awards, medals, cloth and metal eagles, SS caps insiginas, KM badges, too many to list, plus all the buildings are the original huts used by Italian and German POWs. You have got to see it to believe it, I was well impressed and as a spur of the moment idea was well worth it

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Seen pics of this place and it's on my list of places to see.

Ha , one word of warning, if you do go there dont try shooting the No4 .303 shooting target game. Me and my mate are both marksmen on the No4, but those sights must be set for the planet Venus, we did.nt hit one target and we tried everything, spent a fiver each on the damn thing, we spoke to one of the staff there, he said the bloody things never worked properly since it was installed, but they leave it there none the less

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • Field Marshall

I've been a few times, love it... It's on the cards for a MCN day out.. ;)

• Major General
On 16 April 2016 at 01:58, Davejb said:

Ha , one word of warning, if you do go there dont try shooting the No4 .303 shooting target game. Me and my mate are both marksmen on the No4, but those sights must be set for the planet Venus, we did.nt hit one target and we tried everything, spent a fiver each on the damn thing, we spoke to one of the staff there, he said the bloody things never worked properly since it was installed, but they leave it there none the less

Quite forgot I got my marksmanship badge on the No.4 at an RAF camp back in the day, RAF Shawbury I think.ca.1975!!