Walter Mitty exposed.

Lenny

• Field Marshall

'Soldier' exposed as Walter Mitty liar after posting terrible photoshopped image with fake moustache and medal

Dave Harper claimed to have been awarded the Military Cross for serving in Northern Ireland

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/12151962/Soldier-exposed-as-Walty-Mitty-liar-after-posting-terrible-photoshopped-image-with-fake-moustache-and-medal.html

• Upvote 1

Oh my aching balls. I wonder just who the heck this guy thought he could fool with that photo. I hope there are no copyright laws covering this photo. I 

walter-mitty_3572628b.jpg

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

If he had taken the Press Association image out of the bottom right he might have gotten away with it :D:D;)

Oh wait which ones real lol :patrolling-soldier:

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

These people really get my goat, its not only a stupid con but it demeans the actions of the real hero, medals like these are earned through bravery ,then a coward tries to take credit, disgusting .

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
33 minutes ago, Stoniestpepper said:

Lenny why not make an fake valour sub section on this forum?

It's maybe a bit specific, I'll be waiting to the forums get busier and then we can assess what forums go/stay/expand. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Fred Karno's Army

It's troubling when this happens and in a lot of cases it's through mental health issues,it doesn't make it right but the press are now and always have been too quick to judge cases like this.

• Major General

Thats me up jobby creek then... i sometimes go on the pop down town in my german summer tunic.:D

Everyone round here knows i aint right,i couldnt give a four-ex.

• Upvote 1

Ha Ha, you remind me of a guy who was always at Farnham Arms fair and others, he had a stall but was always dressed in German uniforms, but at least they were all real, he was actually a nice guy and would talk to you if you asked a question, not like some of them. one guy a long time ago actually told me to bugger off once and I do mean once, I,m afraid I had to give him a dressing down in front of the other stall holders, when he threatened to punch me I had to produce my warrant card and asked him if he would like to be arrested and all his gear taken back to the local nick, he apologised  and offered me a discounted M43 cap, which I turned down, I took it as a a half hearted bribe of appeasement

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
1 hour ago, Davejb said:

Ha Ha, you remind me of a guy who was always at Farnham Arms fair and others, he had a stall but was always dressed in German uniforms, but at least they were all real, he was actually a nice guy and would talk to you if you asked a question, not like some of them. one guy a long time ago actually told me to bugger off once and I do mean once, I,m afraid I had to give him a dressing down in front of the other stall holders, when he threatened to punch me I had to produce my warrant card and asked him if he would like to be arrested and all his gear taken back to the local nick, he apologised  and offered me a discounted M43 cap, which I turned down, I took it as a a half hearted bribe of appeasement

Ah, you'll be a cop then... I'm an ex SOCO.. ;)

Was a cop a long while back, so you were SOCO, used to get on really well with our two guys in the nick, had to rely on them to make our cases 100% on numerous occassions

• Field Marshall
31 minutes ago, Davejb said:

Was a cop a long while back, so you were SOCO, used to get on really well with our two guys in the nick, had to rely on them to make our cases 100% on numerous occassions

Yes, 13 years as a Police Photographer / SOCO for Strathclyde Police, based in Glasgow... ;)

• Upvote 1

We had a similar incident happen here in Canada last year:

http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/fake-soldier-franck-gervais-pleads-guilty

This moron took time to go to the National War Memorial on our Remembrance Day in full uniform, including medals that were not put in the right order and parts of mis-matched uniforms. He was interviewed as a hero but then real soldiers watching knew something was wrong when they looked at his uniform. 

I hear he got probation for a year. They should have given him fatigues and shipped him out to Afghanistan instead!! 

Cheers!

Rob

• Upvote 4

I agree with ham and jam it is a mental health problem. However I do believe that we are seeing more and more of this and the lads and lasses of the Walter Mitty hunters club do a great service in exposing them there are those who do it for financial gain and that's why I believe we should have a law against stolen valour in our country to stop these wannabe heroes and make an example of them that are fit to plead in a court of law 

• Upvote 2

they seek him here, they seek him there , they seek that walter ererywhere ,,,,,,,,,,,,, lmao

@Davejb I remember that guy at Farnham arms fair used to wear tropical kit a lot,  I think he traded under Ulric of England.

• Upvote 1