M3 Boker Fighting knife Very rare

Daniel

I had two of these years ago, I had to sell them when the first baby came along, I,ve never been able to afford to get another one , regretted the sell

#

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

WOW :o, did he go straight from England on DDay Daniel,I believe they went ashore on Omaha.And then fought straight through Europe.

What a fantastic memento,and so lucky to have been kept within the family.

:thanks-soldier:

8 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

What unit was he out of interest Daniel ?

@Ham & Jam not on dday. few days after landed on Omaha beach wounded dec 12 1944 in the hurtgen forest by Strauss germany

• 3 months later...

Very nice.
I collect M3's and have a Boker blade marked, turning up this week sometime.

• 2 weeks later...

Just looking through @Lenny's list of German dagger makers......interesting to note a Boker in Solingen and now a Boker in the USA! Just an observation for what it's worth:D

• Upvote 1

• Major General
11 hours ago, Libertesoe said:

Just looking through @Lenny's list of German dagger makers......interesting to note a Boker in Solingen and now a Boker in the USA! Just an observation for what it's worth:D

It's not impossible that both firms were related to each other, albeit separated by war and cultural differences.there were other brand names which existed during WW2 which contributed to both the Allies' and Axis' war efforts.Nivea and Continental both spring to mind!

maybe we should begin a list of these firms!

• Upvote 1

• 5 years later...

blade marked m3 knives are tough to find. going back they were plentiful and prices were reasonable but, now high and the blade marked examples are way high depending on the maker. i have a Boker guard marked. they are nice knives and never lost their popularity with collectors.