Junkers Ju 52 engine cowling

BenVK

I picked this up from ebay of all places! It came from Russia and the seller claimed he found it in the Stalingrad area. He had/has lots of other interesting German bits and bobs for sale but it was this Ju 52 engine cowling that really caught me eye. Numerous aircraft were left behind after the battle, some 52's were even repaired and flown by the Soviet air force.

It took me quite awhile to identify exactly where the panel fits but managed to find this one photo of the correct area on the wing motor.

The fact that it still has almost all it's original paint is the icing on the top of the cake. 

A rare and interesting item, bit difficult to display though! the missus refuses to let me hang it on the living room wall...so unfair!

ju 52 panel.JPG

panel 1.JPG

panel 2.JPG

panel 3.JPG

panel 5.JPG

• Upvote 2

Are you expanding into aircraft pieces now Ben,If you are thats one hell of a great start and its very nicely marked. There used to be a White camoed JU52 based at North Weald airfield, dont know if its still there though. I,m not 100% sure but it might have been the one used in Where Eagles Dare

I've been collecting aircraft items for a few years now Dave. I had this Me109 tail panel until recently, I regret selling it but I can't afford to keep everything. :(

DSCN3735.JPG

DSCN3738.JPG

DSCN3747.JPG

DSCN3749.JPG

• Upvote 1

Still got this though. It's a piece of the wing fabric from one of the replica Fokker Triplanes that they made for the Blue Max film.

DSCN5343 [1024x768].JPG

DSCN5348 [1024x768].JPG

DSCN5349 [1024x768].JPG

10517408_932748473421943_4512940991303455275_o.jpg

You crafty devil, you did,nt show me these when I came round. I have a soft spot for WW1-2 aircraft pieces. Did you have a look at Lenny,s section of 109 in his man cave??, That swastika tail section was impressive and so is the Blue Max fabric, whereabouts is the plane housed. Please dont tell me its in your warehouse !!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Wow @BenVK!Had I known that that tail Swaz was for sale I'd have bought  it on the spot!
The Ju52 cowling panel is amazing!
Thank you for sharing!