Israeli Mk II Airborne Helmet ( HSAT )

Mark K

Morning Gents I was able to source and add an IDF Para helmet to add to my collection some time back and IMO is original and un-messed with .
The liner is un-marked so very probably of Israeli origin when compared to the other examples I have seen as 
is the khaki tan chinstrap/harness.
All though barely legible It is apparent by the one image that the helmet body has been modified with the addition of a thick crucifix style dome pad which has been riveted in place as was the practice of the time .
The helmet body IMO is an early British P pattern that has been converted from a Mk I HSAT as one can make out the double holes in the back of the helmet body from were the old harness bolts would have been attached . All the writing on the inside is in Hebrew, the name on the head band is Zacharia, the chin cup is interesting, the name is Sayeed (bottom) Abudis or Aburis (top), the middle I think is the abbreviation for 'Machlakah' which is 'section' looks like a 1 after it. It's interesting because it is an Arabic name, it's likely it was a Druze soldier as Israeli Arabs do not serve...but this is pure speculation

Regards Mark

Picture 3759(1).jpg

Picture 3760(1).jpg

Picture 3761(1).jpg

Picture 3762(1).jpg

Picture 3782(1).jpg

Picture 3764(1).jpg

Picture 3763(1).jpg

Picture 3765(1).jpg

Picture 3768.jpg

Picture 3767.jpg

Picture 3766.jpg

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...

Great helmet @Mark K, and has a special place in my heart, my Uncle Robin served with the Paras, in Palestine from 45-48.....:)

The shell is very similar to the post war Tanky helmets I have.:)