3 months with the new MCN Web forum

Afrikakorpsrat64

Well, it's 3 months now. I for one am very happy with the web forum. It's easy to browse, no drama like face book. A very high class establishment! 3 cheers from me! 

• Upvote 4

• Field Marshall

Always up for ideas to make it better... It seems the majority of our 10,600 Facebook members can't be arsed visiting..;)

• Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Always up for ideas to make it better... It seems the majority of our 10,600 Facebook members can't be arsed visiting..;)

Only thing I have trouble with is deleting sales posts when I decide not to sell. Is there a trick to it? I keep telling my friends to come to the web forum,  and I will keep telling them till they get there heads outta there asses! lol

• Upvote 2

• Field Marshall
35 minutes ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Only thing I have trouble with is deleting sales posts when I decide not to sell. Is there a trick to it? I keep telling my friends to come to the web forum,  and I will keep telling them till they get there heads outta there asses! lol

On your topic, just above it, you'll see Moderation Actions, under that you'll see Delete. ;) Any problems give me a shout. ;)

• Upvote 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 29/4/2016 at 18:56, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Many guys who are members over at Facewok are also members of other fora like the Jobbyhouse,aka Merdmacht Awol and the other one led/sponsored by grave robbers that goes by the name of Warrelics!
They wouldn't find themselves at home here because being members of two Yakuzafia "Families" they wouldn' be free to express themselves like they do there and get banned in 0,87sec FLAT!Further,they look upon other fora with a smaller number of members because they ythink that theirs is "Da Bigga and Mo' BETTA!" without taking into consideration that Rome wasn't built in a Day and that the sheer number of members can be brought to galactical numbrers in no time!
Yet...they post their stuff there and ask for a "Ay" or a "Nae" (;)) never to be seen again!Me...I seldom if ever comment!If you want to read what I think about your M46 Secret Wehrmacht Helmet join the MCN and post ih there!
Soapbox kick'd aside!^_^
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 3

I think the reason why this forum works so well, is that we just dont allow "trolls" to infiltrate, gain a foothold then start to insult other members, its pretty easy to Id these people from the start, just by their attitude. I dont think theres even been an incident on here that has lasted any longer than a few minutes with these types of forum trolls before they are monitered and removed. Plus the rules are strictly adhered to but if you notice they are not rammed down peoples throats, a gentle reminder of the expected behaviour on here is all that is needed. Plus the "Risk of closure" feature is a great idea, and I think thats only been used a couple of times and then removed once everything is back on track. The way a forum gains popularity starts from the top and I think everyone will agree that the Admin staff are more than approachable and friendly. Theres never been an argument on here as far as I can see, nor a heated discussion, friendly debate ,yes, and thats the way it will remain. Let all the other forums deal with all the cockwombles and so called "experts" who have proved to be nothing more than trouble makers. We all learn from each other, no-one can say they know it all, because everyday someone learns something new, thats how a forum stays alive and gains in strength.

• Upvote 6

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I must admit stumbling across the MCN cockwomble attracting Facebook site,and then stumbling and bumbling into this group just as Lenny set it up has been a great motivater and comfort in some ways for me.I know I can be a sarcastic git sometimes but at least on here it's tolerated out of mutual respect for each other.

My PTSD made me stick my head in the sand,and I rarely ventured out unless needs very very must :$ so it's nice to chat to likeminded people who all at heart have one interest in common.I am by no means techietastic but i can manage this site ( some would maybe argue not lol ). But it's great,across the continents the knowledge shared,the fantastic items from people's collections they are sharing and the friendly helpful manner in which we all get along and respect each other.

I am not a member of other forums so all this is new to me but in the short while I have gained some very good friends @Lenny @Bil4338 @Norrie @Manu Della Valle.

And it's great to see it thrive in just this short time,Lenny and the other admins have a thankless task on Facebook,but here the whole mantra is different,it's great and I can't thank  Lenny enough,and Norrie and Bill for the invite to East Fortune,it's made me 'want' to get back out .You sirs are all stars :x .

But that @Manu Della Valle fella 9_9:D;).

I signed up for the MCN FB page, as I was researching my uncles time in the RAF during WW2, and have always had a great interest in all things military, even as a kid......( never served tho ) and hoped I'd learn a thing or two about the RAF during WW2......and then sort of stumbled onto the MCN website via the FB page.....I didn't really know what to expect,  and  was a tad anxious, as I thought it was going to be full of experts full of their own importance.....Not a thing of it, it's full of experts yes, BUT, what a cracking bunch....and, since joining 3 months ago , I've been infected.....I'm now a collector!!!!!  Nothing fancy, but, it's started...:) 

The "Field Trip " we had to East Fortune, was one of the best days out at a museum I've had in many a year...and I've been to a few....even on our honeymoon...LOL.....and as @Ham & Jam has already said, I think I've made some great new friends....:) @Lenny and @Bil4338 included..:) ....plus many more I've not yet met, but who have been gracious enough to give up their time and depart their knowledge to me a complete newbie, asking typical newbie questions..:)

I honestly cannot remember joining such a happy/friendly place, where the folks are all just interested in their "hobby" or  "obsession" call it what you will, and not fighting, and  back stabbing...:)

Keep up the good work guys, it's working for me...:)

BTW, As a wee aside, i spend more time here than on the FB page...:) Just need to get an MCN website app setup now for Android, .so I can spend my 45 min break on it......there isn't one is their...??  

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 4

• Field Marshall
2 hours ago, Norrie said:

BTW, As a wee aside, i spend more time here than on the FB page...:) Just need to get an MCN website app setup now for Android, .so I can spend my 45 min break on it......there isn't one is their...??  

If you open this website up on your Android browser, it displays a mobile version of the site, should work quite well. I use it on my iPhone a lot and is impressive.. ;)

• Upvote 1

• Major General
2 hours ago, Norrie said:

"BTW, Just need to get an MCN website app setup now for Android, .so I can spend my 45 min break on it......there isn't one is their...??"

Nope, don't think there is one, I certainly have failed to find it or install one on my android phone...very frustrating having to google the website every time....

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall

Not sure about Android, but on my iPhone whilst on a webpage, I can create a shortcut for my home screen. Works well...

image.png

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I am soooo proud and want a medal awarding with oak leaves forthwith lol,that I managed to get the forum link onto my state of the art Nokia 2010 yesterday......model number 2010 because that's when I bought the phone lol :$.Shes old but reliable......a bit like the wife really :D.

17 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

8 hours ago, Lenny said:

Not sure about Android, but on my iPhone whilst on a webpage, I can create a shortcut for my home screen. Works well...

image.png

I have a Galaxy S5  smart phone and was able to open the browser on my device and add the MCN to my home page by doing what the previous posts stated to do. And it works fine so yes, and my phone has android. It works.

some one needs to teach me how to do that "screen shot" thingy with my phone.lol :P

1 minute ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

some one needs to teach me how to do that "screen shot" thingy with my phone.lol :P

I've tried last Monday and fecked up the whole Whatsapp losing all the chatrs and sensible info!feck the Haiphong!>:(

• Upvote 1

Just now, Manu Della Valle said:

I've tried last Monday and fecked up the whole Whatsapp losing all the chatrs and sensible info!feck the Haiphong!>:(

I'm lucky I can even answer mine when a call comes in.lol

Guest Fred Karno's Army
5 minutes ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

It's easy pmsl ;):D.

image.jpeg

20 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

I am not a member of other forums so all this is new to me but in the short while I have gained some very good friends @Lenny @Bil4338 @Norrie @Manu Della Valle.

And it's great to see it thrive in just this short time,Lenny and the other admins have a thankless task on Facebook,but here the whole mantra is different,it's great and I can't thank  Lenny enough,and Norrie and Bill for the invite to East Fortune,it's made me 'want' to get back out .You sirs are all stars :x .

But that @Manu Della Valle fella 9_9:D;).

Aw,c'mon Hammy-Jammy dude...neither you believe what you've written!You know that we'd be good friends,go to the pub for a pint or seven,get involved into a fight and have @Davejb colleagues  coming and hook us up!xD:P

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Ham & Jam said:

It's easy pmsl ;):D.

image.jpeg

xD

Oiy , dont forget me in that drinky poos, Manu, plus you,ll need someone else in the next cell to you apart from Ham!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
3 hours ago, Manu Della Valle said:

Aw,c'mon Hammy-Jammy dude...neither you believe what you've written!You know that we'd be good friends,go to the pub for a pint or seven,get involved into a fight and have @Davejb colleagues  coming and hook us up!xD:P

image.jpeg

• Major General
4 hours ago, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

I have a Galaxy S5  smart phone and was able to open the browser on my device and add the MCN to my home page by doing what the previous posts stated to do. And it works fine so yes, and my phone has android. It works.

I have a Galaxy S4, opened my browser to get MCN, but there's no provision at all to load a shortcut.no probs on my iPad though.mustve updated the technology for the S5...

4 hours ago, Bil4338 said:

I have a Galaxy S4, opened my browser to get MCN, but there's no provision at all to load a shortcut.no probs on my iPad though.mustve updated the technology for the S5...

I am a techno dinosaur, my smart phone is dumb like me, I have a Galaxy S2. I got the little icon thingy on my screen which is great. I can get to the forum, likidy-skid, I just cannot post. I have no idea why. I can read everything, but not post. Not a huge deal as for me I can use it as yet another filter to keep me from posting some stupid jobby. 

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
On 20/05/2016 at 01:52, pylon1357 said:

I am a techno dinosaur, my smart phone is dumb like me, I have a Galaxy S2. I got the little icon thingy on my screen which is great. I can get to the forum, likidy-skid, I just cannot post. I have no idea why. I can read everything, but not post. Not a huge deal as for me I can use it as yet another filter to keep me from posting some stupid jobby. 

Err, weird, anyone else have a Galaxy S2?

Well....you guys HAVE a smarth phone!

I refuse to use one!

See it at work, when we have lunchbreak....all the guys grab theire phone and there off to ....what ever!!!
Naaahh...I juts put on my PC in the evening and check my email, a bit of facebook, a scale modellers forum and here.

The last 2 are the only forums I really spend time on.
Both are occupied with nutcases like I am, so it feels like home! O.oxDxD

Considering.......MCN was the first NEWSGROUP I joined back in the days!
Those who are a certain age remember what a newsgroup was.
Ask the youngsters and they will say "Uuuhhh????"
Something like "when we were young we played records!" and say that to a 20 year old dude! :/

It is good to be back on MCN!

• Upvote 2