Japanese swords

BenVK

Don't know where else to post this because there doesn't seem to be a Japanese section.

This is probably the most I'll ever own so I took a photo to capture the moment.

DSCN6432.JPG

• Upvote 6

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Very nice mate :D,love the O.G. / brown Painted scabbard ones,seen a few but don't really know that much about jap stuff.Very lucky ;).

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Major General

Very nice items.as esoteric as these swords are, I've never been able to get hold of one.maybe a little scary to have one on the mantlepiece too...!

• Upvote 1

The whole Japanese sword collecting market is a complete nightmare and would take a lifetime to understand.

I'm at level 1, maybe!

• Upvote 1

Superb collection there......picked up a Japanese Flag a few weeks back. The original owner was presented with it at a surrender ceremony along with two Katana....sadly they have disappeared into someone else's collection. Love your set...thanks for sharing.;)

With regards to Samurai swords, its not illegal to have them provided they are original hand crafted blades. Some traders will only sell the more modern ones (ie) replicas to martial artists, re-enactors etc, but really you can get these at a great many shops just for displays, but like any bladed weapon it becomes illegal if taken out in a public place without reasonable excuse

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...
On 4/30/2016 at 04:48, Davejb said:

With regards to Samurai swords, its not illegal to have them provided they are original hand crafted blades. Some traders will only sell the more modern ones (ie) replicas to martial artists, re-enactors etc, but really you can get these at a great many shops just for displays, but like any bladed weapon it becomes illegal if taken out in a public place without reasonable excuse

i literally just got given three of those "replicas" today. small, medium and large.....a mate found them in a skip last week.......I remember years ago, they were being sold at the markets for £25 a set of three...:) They are junk BTW, BUT looking at them from about 50 feet dont look half bad at all...:)

100_0055.jpg

Edited by Norrie

I have to say that I,ve seen two of Ben Samurais and they are completely original WW2 pieces and are wonderful pieces to look at and draw from the scabbards, and bloody sharp, I,ve always had a thing for samurai swords but never had one as such, a couple of kids I used to hang about with had their dads swords hanging on the wall, but we were never allowed to touch them

• Upvote 1

Me too, I've only ever seen them in museums..and in photographs...never even handled one.....would love to own one some day tho, but I'm thinking they are a tad too rich for me...:)

Mates dad has one, need to go n see it, I think it's his aunts boyfriend who has a handful, not sure on origin though.

• Upvote 1