MINT WH M42 HELMET with fieldmade camocover...and more!

Manu Della Valle

Very Commendable Reply Boonie....I cant do any better as I have no idea about WW1 & WW2 helmets.....Maybe only Fallschirmjager!...Best To You...Desert Rat

6 April 2017 will mark 100 years since the USA finally was involved in World War I.  By April of 1917 you courageous Brits & colonies had already been slogging it out with Germany for more than 3 years.

I am extremely interested in military history & relics, but the senseless waste, futility, and suffering caused by war(s) is very difficult to understand.  We humans always seem to want what we don't have and are willing to kill others to get what is not our's.  I consider those the "bad guys".  On the other side, there are humans who are willing to kill or be killed to protect what is valuable to them.  That is commendable.  Also commendable are those who are willing to aid a friend who is being attacked by the "bad guys".

In the Bible I read about a better way to resolve these problems.  In the story of David & Goliath, you picked your very best to fight it out with a guy from the other side.  The winner's side won the war, and the loser's side lost...and only one soldier died.  Instead, we have nations that go to war at the cost of 1,000's of soldiers & civilians being killed on each side.  Sad thing: the kings, statesmen, & politicians that initiate the wars never actually go and fight.  They stay home and send others.

Sorry about the rant--I'm sure that this is not a political forum.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...
On 5/1/2016 at 10:22, Mark K said:

Another amazing top shelf lid @Manu Della Valle that I would be quite ecstatic to add to my shelf mate...

Regards Mark 

There are treasures still out there-----but do you have to get them all!!?????

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1 year later...
On 09/05/2017 at 20:10, ahrtal said:

There are treasures still out there-----but do you have to get them all!!?????

I wish I could but I’m just a poor guy looking for leftovers!

Nice & Great Words Boonie......"It's old men and Generals.....  that send young and Brave men to war and to their deaths!.....I just thought of this, as I have seen an visited hundreds of thousands of dead in the cemeteries of WW1 and WW2 across the battlefields of Europe, I have stood in the sun, rain, cold and snow for over 30 years and have seen just how young these boys are, from all across the world and....(For me just to ask God in solemn prayer and tears before each and every cemetery that He Will  Remember them - as they are only asleep in death, their day will come to awake in a different World - Our hope is with in what we believe in) as their is always hope----Never in Politicians ridiculous hopes, but a greater power greater than man's idiotic beliefs and hopes, will give us the belief there is a greater power than man's to help us and to see all these and our Loved Ones Again---What have we left to believe in?)

Best Wishes & Keep Hoping you will hear the right message from those who Care...IanB/ UK..... ianbrid@hotmail.com

IanB/UK

No Problem Manu,

You will find what you are looking for ...just takes time and patience (sorry to say that I do not have...but try to show some self-control in spending)

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian