D Day Logbook.

Norrie

Hi guys, @Lenny @Bil4338 @Ham & Jam here's the page from my uncles logbook from 6th June 1944 that I was telling you about...:) 

Once he got home, he wrote to his mum ( My Gran) about how he felt bad eating bacon and eggs for breakfast that 6th June morning,, when the guys in Caen didnt know when their next breakfast would be....

Due to the reference to the Lanc in the report, it has a "special" place in my heart...:)

jackie logbook dday.jpg

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 3

• Major General

Meant to mention I have some of my fathers paperwork from his time in the FAA at the tail end of the war.lots of FAA/RAF literature too, really need to look them out...

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Here's a photo of dad when he was in training, he's in the middle, back row.He also had a brilliant photo of him I think, in an RAF officer cadets uniform, in a small group with his instructors in RN petty officers uniform.almost all the trainees were in different uniforms.could I find that darned pic after he died? It just seemed to disappear completely, same as the WW1 portrait of his father, who was the first post war adjutant or possibly AdC of Bovington camp.I did have it, but dunno where it's got to.very annoying!

....sorry to hijack your post @Norrie, but these items must be preserved for all eternity...

• Upvote 1

Totally agree @Bil4338, I think it's important to keep things like that......but you seem to have mislaid the photo....:)

• Major General

Oops!....here we go...

image.jpeg

• Upvote 1

On 5/11/2016 at 23:10, Bil4338 said:

Oops!....here we go...

image.jpeg

Geez @Bil4338, you are yer dads spit mate...:) GREAT picture...:)