Very rare Panzer M42/M43 cap

BenVK

This is my latest find and a very rare one. It's a Pz M42 cap that was converted into an M43 by means of adding a visor. This was quite a common thing to do during the war and I've owned and seen many field grey versions but never a black one before. It's a salty old dog which has obviously seen action but it's still in good condition with only a few small holes and slight moth tracking. It was found in Germany so the insignia has been removed as usual so I'm looking for some suitable ones if anyone can help? It would have had a separate eagle and cockade just like on the PZ sidecap.

DSCN6717.JPG

DSCN6718.JPG

DSCN6719.JPG

DSCN6715.JPG

DSCN6722.JPG

DSCN6712.JPG

DSCN6713.JPG

DSCN6721.JPG

20idqgg.jpg

Edited by BenVK
  • Upvote 2

Geez!I've seen things you humans wouldn't believe but I've NEVER EVER seen a Panzer M42 in the flesh...let alone one converted into a Panzer M43!Thank you for sharing this beaut Ben!:x:x:x
Cheers
Manu

Thanks Manu! yes, it's the first one I've even seen in reality and not just in a period photo. The auction described it as a Feldmuetze Bergmuetze! O.o

18 minutes ago, BenVK said:

Thanks Manu! yes, it's the first one I've even seen in reality and not just in a period photo. The auction described it as a Feldmuetze Bergmuetze! O.o

The ones as worn by the Lynyrd Skynyrd?O.o
The important is that you've grabbed it!It's a crying shame that they've removed the insigna,but I think it's been made post-War and not by a collector abiding the "rules"!Have you seen my HG black M43 with yet another "strange" insigna?