MCN Day Out, Solway Aviation Museum, Carlisle?

Lenny

38 minutes ago, Lenny said:

Ok, I can do...

June 5,12,19

July 10,24,31

June 19th, I'll be on a battlefield somewhere in Crete....celebrating my 60th Birthday...:) 

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Fred Karno's Army

Right ladies,I am there on the 2/3rd of July with the 'Fred Karno's army' WW1 display so if anyone want s to pop along and say hello,big up yer selves.

:waving-soldier:

• Field Marshall

Youngest daughter's 2nd birthday on 2nd, going to see Joe Bonamassa on 3rd... ;)

@Fred Karno's Army, I'll be down on the Saturday 2nd, I'll stay the night , but will have to head home on the morning of the 3rd....got a daughter arriving from LA on the 2nd....and anothers birthday on the 3rd...:)

On 6/18/2016 at 21:31, Fred Karno's Army said:

Right ladies,I am there on the 2/3rd of July with the 'Fred Karno's army' WW1 display so if anyone want s to pop along and say hello,big up yer selves.

:waving-soldier:

Looking forward to seeing the display in the flesh @Fred Karno's Army...:)

http://www.solway-aviation-museum.co.uk/?p=842

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Cracking turn out today,apart from the weather ! Hopefully will be as busy tommorow :D.

WP_20160702_002.jpg

WP_20160702_003.jpg

WP_20160702_005.jpg

WP_20160702_006.jpg

WP_20160702_007.jpg

WP_20160701_004.jpg

• Major General

That's a brilliantly varied display Paul.hope you had a lot of interested visitors salivating over that little lot.:P

• Upvote 2

@Bil4338, The photos dont do @Fred Karno's Army display justice, it was amazing, and even looking closely, move on, and go back again, their were other things that we hadnt noticed the first time...:) 

As Paul says, weather didnt help, but it was fun taking shelter inside an old aircraft...The Sea Prince....nice and handy too being in the middle of the displayed aircraft......:)

Got inside the Canberra, another first for me, never even seen one before...

Especially liked getting inside the Vulcan....having never done that before. It's in wayy better condition than the one we saw a couple of months ago, the guide was telling me, it's a real labour of love for them, it's constantly being painted and preserved.....

I'll post up some photos on the Museum Review section tomorrow, ...think I've worked out how to work my box brownie of a phone camera...:)

• Upvote 3

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Good to see you Norrie,you lot were nothing to do with the Vulcan being left on bricks yesterday were you lol.Looks like the museum may want to extend the display due to interest.Glad you came down mate,cracking little place this run with true dedication.

29 minutes ago, Fred Karno's Army said:

Good to see you Norrie,you lot were nothing to do with the Vulcan being left on bricks yesterday were you lol.Looks like the museum may want to extend the display due to interest.Glad you came down mate,cracking little place this run with true dedication.

Might try and pop down with the grandsons in tow next weekend then, I KNOW they would all love it....especially the one who's dad is working on the F35B at Edwards....he's right into all things Royal Air Force and German Army , has been for a couple of years now......:)

• Upvote 1