The Argyll & Sutherland Highlanders Museum.

Lenny

• Field Marshall

I'm working at Stirling Castle today, so a quick visits to the museum is in order. :)

Pics in the gallery...

large.image.jpeg

• Upvote 3

Great photos thanks for sharing. I thought it would of been older stuff from the castle period.

• Upvote 1

Hi @Lenny,

What a great museum :)

You've got to love those "Highway Decorators"

• Upvote 1

There,s some real oddities among that displays, I,ve never seen a Cutts compensator on the muzzle of a Sten before???. That M35 is a nice one but that decal looks very "new"?. I remember reading somewhere that Fleshettes were also packed into air burst shells as well

• Upvote 1

Fabulous @Lenny! Thanks for sharing, hope to see it in person some day!

6 hours ago, Davejb said:

There,s some real oddities among that displays, I,ve never seen a Cutts compensator on the muzzle of a Sten before???. That M35 is a nice one but that decal looks very "new"?. I remember reading somewhere that Fleshettes were also packed into air burst shells as well

Hi @Davejb,

I agree that compensator is very odd and it's not from a Thompson, but it looks close in design.

This photo shows the standard issue "Cutts Compensator" used on 1928A1's made by Savage and Auto Ordnance.

D

Cutts.jpg

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 2

• Field Marshall

I was about to ask about the compensator. Apart from that, repro stick grenade...large.image.jpeg

and the tag on the Mills, never seen one of these on a Mills???

Well on the Mills it does say remove before firing, so it can only be for the cup discharger plus the base plate is there as well, so I would think it was a common practise to have these fitted at one time, and perhaps later the idea was scrapped, either way that is a rarity

• Upvote 2