The ULTIMATE replica grenades

Steve T

Hi all

You will, I'm sure, recall the replica No 36M grenades I made and posted here a few weeks back.

Well, after a bit of help from a friend, (he had just the right tool I needed :) ), I have now 'upgraded' them. I have removed the wooden dowel used originally to form the striker column and replaced it with a piece of aluminium rod. I shaped the end on a bench grinder, and cut the groove with a file. I then manufactured the spoons from sheet aluminium, using an original as a template, cut them out with a jigsaw, then bent them into the correct shape. I think this has improved them greatly.

What do you reckon? Not bad for plaster of paris and Humbrol paints! :):)  .

DSC08852.JPG

DSC08853.JPG

DSC08854.JPG

• Upvote 3

Oh YES, these are looking like the real thing, I dont think anyone could tell the difference until they picked them up, and even then some would have a problem. Ok which one am I getting then????

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
10 hours ago, Davejb said:

Oh YES, these are looking like the real thing, I dont think anyone could tell the difference until they picked them up, and even then some would have a problem. Ok which one am I getting then????

Owd on then dibs on them two I said I like,I am having to put up with rubber ones at the minute as @Lenny is going through his mills stage and snatching up anything he comes across ;).

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

• Major General

I used to have a couple of resin ones, but sold them yonks ago...would LOOOOVE one of these, they look so flipping realistic.:P great job!

• Field Marshall
11 hours ago, Ham & Jam said:

Owd on then dibs on them two I said I like,I am having to put up with rubber ones at the minute as @Lenny is going through his mills stage and snatching up anything he comes across ;).

Who me? Nah, doesn't sound like me at all... ;)

• Upvote 2

• 3 months later...

VERY NICE WORK , BUT PLEASE PUT PULL RING ON THE RIGHT SIDE. LOL, NAA BUT I REALLY DO LIKE EM. SERIOUSLY, PUT THE PULLS ON OTHER SIDE +

• Upvote 1