Back after a long time!

Henri

• Well, title says it all!

After a long time I am back at the MCN forum.
    I was a member on the old forum and just checked that I had ID# 98 there.

Who I am: Henri from the Netherlands.
    Started collecting in 1989 and added anything to my collection that crossed my path and looked interesting.
    Later on I concentrated on mainly British and US stuff, with a main interest in Airborne, SOE, OSS, RAF and USAAF.

Builded me a special building for my collection in 2002 and had 17 complete battle ready mannequins and sh#tload of displaycases with small stuff and other goodies.

In 2008 i got a divorce slapped around my ears that cracked me as a collectors as also as a person.
    I had a good lawyer and my complete collection was untouchable for the wicked witch she appeared to be! :D

After a year I of doing everything what God has forbidden, I got more or less back to my sences and picked up collecting again.
    How ever, it was not what it was before after a life changing experience ( well, that was it for me!)
    It followed by a few incidents with people I called friends ( collectors that had become close friends).
    They stabbed me in the back for idiot reasons.
    After that I was so fed up with the complete military collectors world that I decided from one day on the other that I would quit!

Everybody told me stupid, but I did not feel the same again like I started collecting.
    I kept my decision unspoken for the world for a year, to be sure for my self and only told some close friends ( but what are friends????).

After that year I still did not got the urge again to keep on going so from that day on I started selling my collection bit by bit.

Some of my mannequins were sold to a mueseum, some to private collectors.
    The same for a lot of loose items.
    But from the 17 mannequins I still have 9 and also a lot of loose items.

There were still items I liked and I decided I would not sell them.
    Hell, I even still add these to the "small" collection when I come across it or someone wants to trade it for something I want to sell.
    This are U.S. and Commonwealth ration items, tabacco items and escape items.
    Also some personal stuff like watches and hygiene items, but these don't have my main interest.

Don't get me wrong: I still love a good museum and can enjoy a nice private collection, but I don't feel the urge anymore to own it my self.
    I don't visit many militaria shows any more, do not look for a specific ration or tabacco item.
    I just see what comes on my path!

After the decision that I would stop collection, I picked up an other old hobby again after 25 years: military scale modelling!
    Love to do it and attend competition all over Europe with a couple of idiots that like to do the same!

So, why did I join the MCN again?
    Well, I do like facebook, but it gets more and more restrictions.
    MCN always had a good group of guys that were serious.
    Here I can may be sell some of my stuff, but also show and search for the items I still like!

My story in nutshell!
    If you want to know more: just ask!

Regards,
    Henri

P.S. some of my work I made the last few years. 
    Everything scale 1/35, except the Mini that was 1/24.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.jpg

24-12-13 austin mini eindfoto's (9).JPG

duitse fiets (1).JPG

duitse fiets (2).JPG

duitse fiets (3).JPG

GB6pdr_1.jpg

GB6pdr_2.jpg

• Upvote 3

Glad to have you here @Henri we aren't a bad bunch:)

Nice models. Look forward to more posts from you.

• Upvote 1

Nice models. Looking  forward to seeing more pictures of your work. 

• Upvote 1

Wilkommen Henri, it's good to have you here, sad story about the divorce and such but those models are fantastic, I'm no good at it myself! 

• Upvote 1

Thanks guys for the warm welcome again! ;)

Well, the scale modelling is something like the collection I had: if I start something I do it good or I don't do it! 9_9
Of course it needs practice and a bunch of fellow modellers around who can teach me the tricks of the trade, but at the end you have to do it your self.

I am currently working on a project that Lenny likes....I think!
As far as I could remember Lenny is a real Landy nut and I am now working on a Land Rover Defender xD Wolf with a Milan installation.
Something "modern", but hey, you have to try everything! xD 
Will be set in a small diorama that represents Iraq or Afghanistan.

There were I can I will submit on topics with the knowledge I still have or reference pictures from my own collection I had or still have.

• Upvote 2

Welcome Henri, Sorry to hear that you,ve been through a bad time, but glad you,ve put that behind you and resumed the hobby. Modelling is a very easy way to relieve stress and the more you do the better you get. Your models are very detailed and that is the sign of a patient and experienced modeller . There are a few of us on here who like modelling , myself included. I like 1/35th 1/16th and 1/32nd,1/24th, both figures, tanks,and aircraft, much to my wifes dismay. You will enjoy yourself here, its a different vibe to all the others out there and we like a friendly atmosphere with advice on any subject, so post away and be prepared for some excellent collections

• Upvote 2

Thanks Dave!

Oh well, at that time it was the worst time of my life!
Afterwards it was the best thing that could happen to me.
She costed me money, but I did not stay behind poor and got stronger because of what happend.

Got me a nice girlfriend and we are together now for about 5-6 years.
She doesn't mind my hobbies and finds everything interesting and believe me: if you can do that with me.....oohh man....!!!! :D:D:D

Well, I am not an experienced modeller in my own eys, but I do know how I want the models look and keep fiddling till I manage! xD

Main interest: WWII allied, scale 1/35.
But like you, I also have some 1/32 planes, some boats and other goodies I just like!
It is all about the fun!!!

Still reading around the forum and there is a lot to see.
In time I will also show what I still like to "collect", or maybe better said: what may be added to the items I am interested in.

Hope you guys like a weird kind of humor, because that is me!!!
Never be offended by what I say or write, because my main believe is: as long as YOU are happy with the piece, who am I to judge or correct you!

Have fun, be nice and keep history alive!

• Upvote 3

• Field Marshall

Superb to have you back @Henri. Just like old times.

I went through a similar situation, divorce, sickened with the hobby etc. Remarried just over 4 years ago and a weekend break to Berlin rekindled the interest. The rest, as try say, is history. ;)

...and yes, I love my Land-Rovers, don't have one at the monent, but never say never. ;)

• Upvote 2

Oh Lenny....haven't you learned from the first time?

When my girlfriend and I were together for about 4-5 months and things turned serious, I asked her what she thought about marriage.
She was never married before, so wanted to know.

She told me that she always dreamed of it.
An ass as I am told her to keep dreaming if she stayed with me.
Been there, done that and burned the divorce papers: never again!

Well, she is still with me....and we aren't married! :)

Special for you: a work in progress on my Landy.
Keep in mind: far from ready!

29-12-15 landrover (4).JPG

• Upvote 3

• Hello again @Henri. I think I bought a few items from you a couple of years ago, mostly field dressings....Good to have you on board;)
  • Upvote 3

Thanks @Libertesoe!

It is possible, but I can't recall all!
Would check my contacts, but I am sure there was no Libertesoe!   xDxDxD 

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry guys for being away for a while!

Like explained: I am not an active collector anymore and other interests and obligations take up a lot of my time.

Now and then I will pop in and check the latest messages.
I will try to post more items I have for sale, but keep in mind: it is not my first priority in life anymore.

Never the less it is good to see the MCN forum alive and kicking again! :)

• Upvote 2