A Catalina flying boat

Davejb

Guys , I,ve got to tell you what this very minute happened, I was on the forum when I heard a very low drone of engines, now I,m used to seeing all sorts fly overhead and sometimes pretty low but this one was one of the best. As it got closer I looked out into the garden and there coming straight for me was a white Catalina flying boat, all marked up with American decals, and it was low and its absolutely pi**ing it down here, I watched it as long as I could, but the thing was that it looked as if it was flying so slow. What a sight to see on a Wednesday dreary day, I,m hoping it will follow the same path back, as I think its the one from Duxford

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Now if you had the 360Radar app I keep chunnering on about in the 'sad plane spotters'  thread you could have tracked it ;).

:wow:

There's a war time Cat that sank at it's moorings on the Clyde coast, it was a divers mecca, I've got a pic of my mate sitting on it's wing taken in the 80's..I'll try and find it.....from what he says tho, it's almost gone now,....:(