My MkI Bren dated 1942

pylon1357

Well I finally got off my lazy arse and snapped a few pics of my Bren and some of the accessories I have to go with it. As this is an Inglis MkI Bren, it only made sense that I have the correct MkI Bren combo tool in the spare parts wallet. 

Bren and acces 1 (Custom).JPG

Bren and acces 2 (Custom).JPG

Bren and acces 3 (Custom).JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Some more photos of the Bren and a couple of the accessories as well. Spare Barrel and bag, wallet, brushes and such.

Bren and acces 4 (Custom).JPG

Bren and acces 5 (Custom).JPG

Bren and acces 6 (Custom).JPG

Bren and acces 7 (Custom).JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2

Last two show my Bren mag box complete. Something that has not fared too well having been stored somewhere with a higher then desirable humidity level. 

Bren and acces 8 (Custom).JPG

Bren and acces 9 (Custom).JPG

Bren and acces 10 (Custom).JPG

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 5

• Major General

Very nice complete display! Is it a shooter?

• Like 1

I have to say no to the firing of this one. As I reside in Canada is a deactivated example. In my younger days though, I was fortunate enough to fire an example. 

Thanks for the comments guys, I am hoping to eventually find all my Bren accessories, have them all in one place, then pick up the last few I need. 

• Like 1

Hi @pylon1357,

Thanks for sharing photos of your Inglis made Bren Mk1 and it looks great with the all accessories!

D

• Like 1

Thanks for the positive comments guys. I have a love of the Bren. It comes from my uncle Harvey who was a Bren Gunner during WWII. I am missing a few odds and ends, some I have throughout the house (in other words, lord know s where the heck I put them) and others I am missing. I have digging through boxes and such and have come across some rather interesting things i will be posting elsewhere. 

• Thanks 1

I found the sling today, still can`t find many other little tid bits, but in time I will. As you can see, I also have the sling end toggles as well. The second photo shows the C/I\ and the maker S.S.H. and dated 1942.  S.S.H. is the mark of S.S. Holden Ltd. of Ottawa. 

sling 1 (Custom).JPG

sling 2 (Custom).JPG

• Colonel

Love this Cliff ... what a great setup ...

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

SUPERB.......Well Done in having this, I wish we could have the same items on the UK.mmmmmmmmmmm...Desert Rat

Terrific set up, it was my favourite weapon to shoot and I gained marksman on it, used to be able to strip it down in about 22 seconds, assemble in 25. I take it you do know the smallest piece on the weapon that has the longest name?????

• Thanks 1

Great One Dave,

I cant believe the short time taken to strip and re-assemble+ the Markman on this superb M/ Gun......Well Done.....!!!......Desert Rat

• 1 year later...

Hello,

I have a deact (UK & EU) WW2 sten, used by the French Resistance/ FFI with the sillouete grip...But I have always wanted a bren, you see them in all the documentaries about WW2 and they always look great and full of fire power...Well Done Dave in actually firing one!

Best to you....Desert Rat

2007-11-08 08.16.10-3.jpg

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text