ISAF watch, now for something completely different

pylon1357

As the topic title states, not something you will see everyday.

I was into the  French PX in KAF one particular time, with some of my Add On Armour buddies. AOA was the section of the MCU I was assigned to after June 2011, as we were winding down out countries combat role. We were the ones responsible for removing all the add on armour kits (many of which I had worked to install previous) We were 6 sections of 6 or 7 military and 2 civilians. One of the civilians was a labourer, the other, a vehicle tech. We vehicle techs were there mainly to fix the jobby these guys broke. Plus since most  of us vehicle techs were qualified drivers on many different vehicles, it took a lot of logistical worries out of the picture. BUT I digress from my original reason for posting...

As my tour was coming to a close, we were at the French PX, I saw a watch I rather liked but balked at the price. One of the lads with me saw that I was interested, and as we were leaving he asked me about it. I told him, I thought it was cool, but I was too cheap to spend the money on it. USD $90.00, to me was over the top for something I would likely never wear.  I was heading home for the final time on October 15, 2011. On the evening of the 14th, the guys from my section showed up at my door and insisted I go out to dinner with them. I agreed as these guys had become close friends  by this time. Toward the end of the evening, they presented my with a parting gift to remember them by.

Now without further delay, here is the watch these guys so graciously presented me with. The first photo is of the plastic case, I tossed some pogs (change) on the top just for the hell of it. 

Pogs and gift box (Custom).JPG

gift box 1 (Custom).JPG

gift box 2 (Custom).JPG

gift box 3 (Custom).JPG

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Sorry I am late in replying.....But great item and Best Wishes to you....Desert Rat