Real or repro? WW2 Polezei patch

Afrikakorpsrat64

I am asking for a friend if this patch is real or a reproduction and what value either way. I am not a patch guy so your help is most appreciated!

2 (2).jpg

1 (2).jpg

• Upvote 1

Well I,m not a patch man either but this one looks suspect to me, all the ones I,ve seen have six sections to the wing feathers,, although I think its trying to copy a variant patch, but even those have six sections with the thin legs, I could be wrong so I would wait for further comments, it would be interesting to know if there was a more rough late version of a variant produced

• Upvote 1

It does look a bit odd, the eagle's detail looks off and the wings look crooked at the top. I'm also not the man to ask.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the help guys!;)

• Major General

Going purely by the Eagle's details I'd pass also.the chest and wing feathers look very odd indeed.

Hi @Afrikakorpsrat64

That is an original three wing variant green police eagle, it's an ugly bird in my opinion, but there are period photos of these particular variants in use on German police uniforms.

D

• Upvote 1

Thanks all for your input, @HetzersGonnaHetz, @Manu Della Valle, @Bil4338. I'm glad that I risked it and bought it! Thank you @DAK D! Your input helped convince me . I also posted it on the WAF and got the same results, that it is indeed original and most possibly a Luftpolezie patch.! :)  

• Upvote 1

Oh , I was sort of half right it was a variant and one I had,nt seen before, and Dak is correct, its an ugly bird, I met a few of them in my time!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

• Major General

I've sha....well, we'll not go there... O.o

I'm very pleased that it's a good one though, just not one I've seen before.having said that, it'll most probably be in one of my ref. books, need to check when I get back home. :D

• Upvote 2

On 29/5/2016 at 01:43, Afrikakorpsrat64 said:

Thanks all for your input, @HetzersGonnaHetz, @Manu Della Valle, @Bil4338. I'm glad that I risked it and bought it! Thank you @DAK D! Your input helped convince me . I also posted it on the WAF and got the same results, that it is indeed original and most possibly a Luftpolezie patch.! :)  

@Afrikakorpsrat64,
this forum is GREAT because there are members like @DAK D who have seen these ugly ducklings and tell us that they may be good!as far as the WAF is concerned take everything you read there with a train of salt because if they don't know something they INVENT IT!If you let the thread you've started there roll for a week or two we'll surely have the "Luftgebirgsmarinezolldienstvolkskinderbrigadeopelzundapplugerpolizei"!
Personally I've never seen one of these and I'd pass on it even if it was Himmler's own badge because I'm not into collecting  badges but don't forget that crooks fake almost anything you can possibly think of...don't focus only ion the "visible" part of the badges but study the backs as well,because it's there that most of the red flags are!
Cheers
Manu

Edited by Manu Della Valle

I dont think its the same, theres quite a lot of differences especially the upward curvature of the wings on the first one posted  and the chest feathers are neater on this one as well as the wing feathers are thicker, it may well be another variant although made better than the first

Hi @Afrikakorpsrat64,

I am not a fan of this one, as all the known original three wing variant police eagles were made by the same company and they all look the same as the first one you posted.

For me the bird has stubby wings an ugly head that does not look the same as the first variant and breast feathers that are not correct for an embroidered police eagle. The back would definitely be a telling sign and prove it is probably of post  war manufacture.  

D

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

@Davejb thank you. @DAK D I agree and thanks for the information. Also many are thinking that the wing on my original is curved or bent up ward, that is not the case, it only appears to in the photo. 

Because of the angle of the upward stitching there appears to be a curvature to the wings, which is probably an optical illusion, so in any photos its easier to describe it as such, in order to compare it to straight edged ends to the wings

• Upvote 1