Nazi banner

John Bardwell

My ex-father-in-law gave me this banner a number of years ago. He brought it back from Bad Orb, Germany right after the war. I don't know if it had been at the POW camp there or maybe a Nazi governmental/military building in the town. At any rate, it is in really good condition. Measures 28" wide by 7 feet long.

Nazi banner Bad Orb Germany 1945 2.jpg

• Upvote 3

• Major General

That's a lovely example, looks to be the type of banner hung down the front of a local government/party building.

• Upvote 2

Thanks Bill. I agree. I wish I had asked more questions when it was given to me. Too late now.

• Major General

...as is so often the case.¬¬

On 26/05/2016 at 20:52, Bil4338 said:

That's a lovely example, looks to be the type of banner hung down the front of a local government/party building.

Hi @Bil4338,

I agree mate :)

D

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...

Great Flag....Guess you are all correct on this, probably hung from a building (maybe of importance) if was was hanging outside the Reich Chancellery...and you had the providence....WOW......Superb Item!...Desert Rat

Yes Bill,

I am sure the Russian soldiers plundered whatever they could and ship it back to the Motherland....Maybe as in the Great Series - "Band of Brothers"...they took what they found, and as my Dad did under Montys 21st Army Group when reaching into Germany sent some great items back home to my Grandmother, then to my Mum, then to Me...The I sold x4 superb cut glass wine glasses to a friend 40 years ago for £3.......aaargggggggghh.....and worse than that a complete album of Hitlers "Mein Kampf"...all original photos  - some different sizes -6" x 4" and many 10" x 8"....(when I was 13 years old---just for the money) for 10/- ======= 25 pence in today,s money....I am disgraced, and even now feel so guilty by what I have done after All my Dad went through.....!!!