Norries winter build,for those long Dark Scottish nights !

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Norrie There you go mate that's your winter project sorted ;),and I am even throwing in an Owners manual lol :D.

Grumpy dog shown for scale and not included lol ;).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I,ve still got mine in more or less the same state as that, have,nt touched it for a couple of years, I suppose i will have to do it eventually, just got bored with the continual adding of endless lengths of plastic ribs and I think I may have missed the last two books

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I soldered and wired small internal led lights inside that run off a AAA battery and put an electric brushless motor into the port inner so the prop spins,well that was 18mnths ago lol,no guarantees given Norrie,well it's bloody free anyway ;).

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Soooperb @Fred Karno's Army..Thanks.......It'll be a nice wee change from collecting tin hats...was getting bored with it anyway...., been doing that for far too long now....:)

GETTING BORED WITH COLLECTING HELMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Lenny sack that man , he,s a traitor

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Davejb said:

GETTING BORED WITH COLLECTING HELMETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, Lenny sack that man , he,s a traitor

LOL....Its something the wife says to me, get a hobby/obsession??,. it lasts till you buy as much as you can, get fed up and sell the lot...she's talking about my fishing.....went to buy a rod, came home with a boat and a brand new 50hp 4 stroke petrol outboard...:) I mean, this evening  I've only bought two helmets and a forage cap , I have no idea what she means...:)

BTW, @Fred Karno's Army, I knew i had something else for you matey...my gran was in Belgium on holiday  just a few weeks before WW2 broke out, and brought this book ( amongst others)  back..there are dozens of pictures in it....any good to you,?? it just lies in a box in the loft...:( I have known this book all of my life...:)

DSC_0069.JPG

DSC_0071.JPG

DSC_0070.JPG

Edited by Norrie

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Think we could have a trade ;),it's something I can use in the display :D.

Unlike this which certainly isn't WW1 lol.how does that sound ;)

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

11 minutes ago, Fred Karno's Army said:

Think we could have a trade ;),it's something I can use in the display :D.

Unlike this which certainly isn't WW1 lol.how does that sound ;)

image.jpeg

Deal........chuffed as a chuffed thing here,and really glad the book will have a fantastic new home, i'm sure I have a set of "cards" in a small envelope type thing  too that she brought home from Belgium...they have the same sort of before and after pictures as in the book..if i can find them, they are yours too...:)

Nice one....By god @Fred Karno's Army, you have some amount of "stuff".....I've literally just been asked, "how many more hats do you need?? " I asked her, "how many countries have armies"...the look of hate in her eyes was something to behold....:)

Well if your giving things away I,ll have that Mossie compass off you,;) My uncle Bert used to make components for the Mossie during the war, at a little factory in Tottenham, I wish I,d known more about them as a kid as I would have had hundreds of parts that were just in the stores gathering dust, the only things I ended up taking were the 30 MK11 helmets from the shelter!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

@Norrie has got his dibs on it @Davejb we've been doing some this for that deals lol ;).

And the further into the junk room and garage I dig the more he better get his exchanging rate up lol :P.

4 hours ago, Davejb said:

Well if your giving things away I,ll have that Mossie compass off you,;) My uncle Bert used to make components for the Mossie during the war, at a little factory in Tottenham, I wish I,d known more about them as a kid as I would have had hundreds of parts that were just in the stores gathering dust, the only things I ended up taking were the 30 MK11 helmets from the shelter!!!!!

@Davejb, My uncle flew Mossies with 605 sqdn, and dropped the first bomb of the second front, over an AA/Searchlight position near Caen, at 0011 hrs on 6th June 1944...:)

A page from his logbook....:)

jackie logbook dday.jpg

Edited by Norrie