WW1 Tobacco pouch and trench lighter

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Just managed to finally get an original trench lighter after much hunting,manufactured in Austria,it fits nicely with the tobacco pouch for my WW1 display.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Searched for a decent priced one for ages then eBay on a buy it now one for £8 o.O,and £1.75 P&P.It was rude not too :D.

Years ago, the "repro" lighters were all the rage, I had a few...wish i'd held onto one...I was a VERY heavy smoker at the time, had lighters in about every pocket...:) 

Found one, at £25!!!! gawd....talk about expensive...:)

Love the pouch too...:)

lighter.JPG

Edited by Norrie

Guest Fred Karno's Army

It's fit in well with the display,just spent half a day labelling up,then cutting up a tin and painting it as a cooker for the mes tins,looks okay with a battery candle in it was a bitch to do though lol >:(.And cheers to @DAK D for the mess tin set,my other two sets are on the mannequins.

Its slowly coming together  :).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

@Fred Karno's Army, that display looks the dogs mate...very well done...:)

I've also got an early WW1 era Belgian Museum guide of the "Musee Antoine Wiertze" in Brussels you can have as well if you want...Something the more "educated" Tommy might look at...:)

It's full of "classy" ladies with no attire on....:)

Edited by Norrie
  • Upvote 1

That display is simply marvelous. The arrangement of items is perfect. I have never thought much about the lighters. Now I may just have to. It is things like this that make me staying on theme of WWI CEF medals, a real bugger.

• Upvote 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army
On 1 June 2016 at 17:20, Norrie said:

@pylon1357 Cheers,the personal bits add that extra touch to the display I feel. ;).Now it's back to relabelling the cans with reproduction WW1 labels :D.

image.jpeg

Guest Fred Karno's Army
On 1 June 2016 at 17:11, DAK D said:

Hi @Fred Karno's Army,

That looks great, now you need a seated Tommy :)

This where I got my mannequin from.

http://www.historiamannequin.com/en/2-male-mannequin

D

Having studied the position of the seated dummy's I may have to either remove the 1/ dog,2/ daughter,3/ wife,4/ myself out of the front room to accommodate one.2/3 strong options at the moment :D.

Option 2 and 3 both have their merits and drawbacks. Obviously options 1 and 4 are definitely out of the equation. The main determining factor between option 2 and 3, would be the age of option 2. If under 10, then certainly that is the most viable. If a teen, well then you may have to create and consider a 5th option, 

Good luck. 

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...