The BCN?

Lenny

• Field Marshall

Anyone remember the BCN, the Bayonet Collectors Network. I was a proud member, and actually modelled the MCN on the BCN. It seems it has officially closed. :(

http://www.oocities.org/athens/Oracle/2691/bcn.htm

http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/discussions/bcn-bayonet-collecting-network-last-day-today-557935/

Shame, were some good guys on there...

• Field Marshall

Should maybe reach out to the guys, invite them here....

• Field Marshall

I've emailed around the last membership list I had, invited them here... ;)

• Field Marshall
13 hours ago, Bill in VA said:

Yes, I remember the BCN, too, but not so fondly. I found their leadership to be arrogant, presumptuous, and unfriendly, and generally intolerant of those who simply wanted to learn more.

I joined at least twice, hoping to read and learn. At that time, any way, the BCN would delete you from their membership if you didn't report in on a regular basis; not simply a "what does XYZ mean?" but they wanted members to constantly report serial numbers, manufacturer codes, etc... Having a grand total of five or six K98k bayonets I expended my ability to contribute new data pretty quickly and was subsequently dropped.

I have a pretty substantial bayonet collection these days, with a current focus on the US M1917 pattern  bayonet. But again, I haven't acquired a new one in some time since I missed this year's Show of Shows, thus there really wouldn't anything to report, only to try and learn from other members (which was apparently discouraged) and thus I'd again be PNG'd from the BCN.

YMMV of course.

Actually now you come to mention it, that does ring a bell. Didn't we have to answer a roll call every so often or face removal?

• Major General

Hmmmm, maybe a bad idea to invite them if that's the way they roll...jmo.

• Upvote 1

• Field Marshall
20 minutes ago, Bill said:

Hmmmm, maybe a bad idea to invite them if that's the way they roll...jmo.

They need to roll to our tune in here though.. ;) We don't allow that nonsense. To be honest, I. ahemm.... harvested their email adresses from their last membership roster. (naughty yes) and out of 148 members in their list, 94 bounced so have probbaly either moved email addresses or whatever. Only 12 opened my email and 5 have clicked through to us. So, hey ho.. ;)

Screen Shot 2016-02-22 at 13.58.00.png

• Upvote 1

If I may jump in.

I was a member for their last few years. There were some good guys in the BCN. But it seemed to me the forum had a real K98 focus, so candidly was of little interest to me. Maybe they needed to widen their focus.

I never was a member,but I did visit the site for information since I only have a few K98 bayonets.

• Field Marshall
10 hours ago, Bill in VA said:

I'm not aware of any forum; it was an email listserv when I joined.

Indeed, that really was all we had back then. ;)

• 6 years later...

Didn't have the chance to be a member and exchange some k98 bayonets I was looking for! Anyone interesting to exchange ww2 k98 bayonets?

• 1 month later...
On 21/11/2022 at 22:04, S245G said:

Didn't have the chance to be a member and exchange some k98 bayonets I was looking for! Anyone interesting to exchange ww2 k98 bayonets?

Hi, welcome, I have K98s, I am focusing on Soldbucher, Wehrpass, Urkunde etc. if you find anything in that area I am willing to trade.

Best

Rich

Happy new year 2023. I have some friends with those pieces I can take them and send you photos. Can you send me any photos from your k98s bayos or at least tell me the constructor codes on?

Thank you 

I will need to dig them out, I know roughly where they are.

Happy New Year.

Rich

Ok do your best and I will contact my colleagues for soldbuchs wehrpass and stuff like that. Is there anything else you may interested in finding?