1970's non firing Luger replica parts??

Afrikakorpsrat64

Hi all!

A good friend of mine sent me this 1970's era full size non firing (Japan) P 08. Its missing some parts, I would like to get enough of the parts to make it look whole again, just for a holster stuffer. Side plate and trigger mostly, the pins I can fabricate . I did the google and E Bay thing with out success, and original parts could probably be made to fit, but 'm not forking out that kinda dough for a toy.lol Any help would be most appreciated! Cheers!

lft.jpg

lft2.jpg

msstgr.jpg

rt.jpg

tgglblt.jpg

tglpin.jpg

• Thanks 1

• 2 years later...

Hello Tony,

Sorry I missed this, how's it going ?....What a great looking gun/ pistol.

Please let us know on MCN.

Best to you...Ian

• Thanks 1

On 31/10/2018 at 11:10, Desert Rat said:

Hello Tony,

Sorry I missed this, how's it going ?....What a great looking gun/ pistol.

Please let us know on MCN.

Best to you...Ian

It makes for a nice display/holster filler, wish I could find replacement parts but very rare, Ive seen some others like this but dont want to pay that kind of money for a prop gun. Id rather have the real thing,ha Ha 😁

• Like 1

Hello Tony,

Thanks for your message, lovely gun but not really sure I can help with the parts you need....But all good and original.

Best to you...Ian

Hell Tony,

Hope all is well with you.

Just a thought....When I built my Harley I needed many new parts to be machined up, so I found a guy who could do this and they were superb.

So, for the Luger parts you need, are you able to find a machinist who could very professionally fabricate the parts you need?

Best Wishes...Ian

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Tony,

If you had the parts machined up for the Luger would it be able to fire...as per normal, or is it deactivated now?

Best to you...Ian

Ian, its a prop weapon, basically a toy made in Japan, there were lots of them around in the 70s but they are getting harder to find nowadays, the difference being is that they were better made back then, I had a P38 and a Luger but sold them long ago, another of my great ideas/mistakes

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Hello Dave,

Thanks for your knowledge, I really didn't know at all as I thought it was an original...!!!

Best to you....Ian

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Said in first sentence it’s ‘1970’s era full size non-firing (Japan) P.08’ ...And in final sentence it’s a ‘toy’!🙄😗☺️

On 19/11/2018 at 14:44, Desert Rat said:

Hello Tony,

If you had the parts machined up for the Luger would it be able to fire...as per normal, or is it deactivated now?

Best to you...Ian

No as @Davejb mentioned this is just a prop or display piece. This one was made in the 1960/70's in Japan, they were sold in catalogues such as Unique Imports/Collectors Armory etc as an alternative to expensive real ones for display. I did have an MP 40 like these that was alternered to fire 9mm blanks, They built them pretty well back then, not as cheap as the ones they have now.

• Like 1