Italian WW2 M33 Helmet

Afrikakorpsrat64

Hey Amici!

I finally got myself an honest WW2 Italian M33 helmet. Liners there but rough, strap is there but rough, Im happy with it! It's named, I'll work on that this weekend. 

lf.jpg

bk.jpg

lnr.jpg

nm.jpg

• Upvote 1

Some pictures in natural light.

fnt.jpg

bk.jpg

lnr.jpg

rt.jpg

• Upvote 2

Cracking hat @Afrikakorpsrat64, it looks a proper honest hat.....one day....I'll have one of those as well....:)

I was looking for a Soviet hat, but they are crazy money, so, to fill a space on the shelf, I bought a Czech "modern" one, in the same style...:)

I'll give it a good kicking in the back yard one day  to improve the aging patina...:) 

• Upvote 1

Don't want to sound like a party-p@@per but...are you positively sure that it's not a Post-War reissue?The exterior green doesn't match the WW2 "Grigioverde" which can be seen inside the shell!
Cheers
M

• Upvote 1

Hi @Manu Della Valle, I had thought that myself till I got it in the mail ,it appears that someone oiled or waxed it, changing the shade of green, but the inside is WW2, the outside could possibly have been reissued, but Im happy with it just the same. Cheers! :)

It does have that olive look. Im still pleased with it anyway. 

Don't dismiss it as a 100% Post-War though!I cannot say anything defininite without a hands-on inspection but I've made a little search  and it's worth pointing out that late in the War when many Italians joined the Allied they painted their helmets with many shades of green.Usually the WW2 M33s had black stencils on the front but that was discontinued in 1943 even if many WW2 helmets with painted on Regio Esercito Insigna were still in use well into the 60s with their original chinstraps made of leather or out of (RARE!) WW2 "autarchic" webbing!
Cheers
Manu

• Upvote 1