juleswings

Greetings

After being in the facebook group for a while I finally pulled my finger out and joined. Been collecting militaria since I was a young kid back in the mid 1970's. My main interest has always been airborne and special forces insignia although first world war aviators wings have also taken my fancy since the late 1990's but my collection in that area is quite small and focused mainly on the Australian Flying Corps (AFC) although I do have some other countries represented in my collection as well.

Having collected for so long, I've gradually been trying to cull my stuff and focus on specific units, geographic areas or conflicts and one of my main areas is pre 1954 French Indochina. Trying to stick to insignia but I also have a reasonable collection of FS commando daggers and a few other bits and pieces although most of the latter is stuff given to me by my mates whom I was in the army with who know that I collect. Got a blog that I post stuff to (infrequently) https://juleswings.wordpress.com/ and a facebook page https://www.facebook.com/juleswings.militaria/  and am always interested in buying or trading for things that fit into my collecting areas of interest. 

Alright, enough waffling... outta here. Be cool

jules

Edited by juleswings
  • Upvote 3

Welcome aboard, you will find the atmosphere here somewhat less combative and negative than the facebook page. I have all but given on the FB page as I find it increasingly more difficult to hold my tongue. Too many crybabies and the gang mentality is beyond belief at times. 

• Upvote 4

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Hi @juleswings good to have you here mate,I look forward to seeing some of your posts.Looks like you have a cracking collection ;).

:waving-soldier:

11 hours ago, pylon1357 said:

Welcome aboard, you will find the atmosphere here somewhat less combative and negative than the facebook page. I have all but given on the FB page as I find it increasingly more difficult to hold my tongue. Too many crybabies and the gang mentality is beyond belief at times. 

Hi @pylon1357,

A true statement indeed.

D

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Nice to see a fair dinkum Aussie on here!:D