Cross of Iron

HetzersGonnaHetz

Everyone.... Or in @Steve T's case, everything, who are reading this will have already seen 'Cross Of Iron' as it is a classic, but I watched it for the first ever time the other day, and it was awesome! Really enjoyed the historical aspect and the film as a thriller, and the uniforms were really nice!

• Upvote 2

It is a really awesome moving @HetzersGonnaHetz. I no longer have it on tape, need to get a dvd of it soon as I havent seen it in over 15 years! 

• Upvote 2

Sure is! Talking of Iron cross scavangers, I've become one myself! :

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I love "Cross of Iron" it's my favourite war film ever :x

I got an uncut DVD version last week and watched it again for the first time in years!

Edited by DAK D
  • Upvote 1

There was a sequel called Breakout or Breakthrough with Richard Burton as Steiner, which did,nt do so well

• Upvote 1

• Major General

A fantastic film, Maximilian Schell was good too as the ambitious officer.detailing was really good too, especially for the time.one of my all-time favourite war films, maybe the best.

• Upvote 2

After seeing it I'd say joint top with SPR!

10 hours ago, Davejb said:

There was a sequel called Breakout or Breakthrough with Richard Burton as Steiner, which did,nt do so well

Hi @Davejb,

Yes the movie was called Breakthrough and it was from 1979, it was/is an Okay film, but not a patch on the original.

Full version

• Upvote 1

I recall watching Cross of Iron many many years ago. It was not until about 2 years ago, that I found out the name of the movie. I now have a DVD copy, packed away in the basement with many other classic movies on DVD

• Upvote 1

Agh, bet your basement is hallowed ground now!

22 hours ago, HetzersGonnaHetz said:

It is hollowed ground to me. I am still in the process of doing another complete inventory of my collection, but is seems to never end. I have found things I didn't even know I have. 

• Upvote 1

Just like my Sister in Laws hubby, after the Falklands, he returned with loads of different pieces of equipment ,clothing etc and when he became a QM at Chelsea Barracks for the SAS stores, even more accumulated in his loft. A couple of years ago his wife told him to clear some stuff out, so he had a look, and found nearly three hundred MRE,s up there along with a few Para Denisons, one of which I have now, loads of 58 webbing , 95 kit , camo jackets, two dress uniforms, cleaning kits for the SLR, a few bayonets, a couple are Argentinian bayonets, and three pairs of Danner boots, none of which fit me ,damn it. Most of it he sold at a local military market, as My missus told her sister she,d better not dare let any of it come my way, which was a great disappointment as my loft could do with a new look!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

Haha Dave! That'll be me someday ?