The Big Red One

HetzersGonnaHetz

Also watched this film before Cross of Iron, and I highly recommend it. Yes they use Sherman's as Tigers, but that's the beauty of it! I especially like that the lead actor was part of the 16th IR!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

One of my favourite films plus funny in places and sombre in others, also Lee Marvin was a marine during the war and apparently went through some tough times on Saipan when he was shot twice and literally all his fellow marines were either killed or were injured, he was awarded the Purple Heart and a few other medals, but spent a long time in hospital recovering. After the war I think he was a plumber before becoming an actor

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

Wow ! That's quite a life, all of em were heroes

• Like 1

This is a great movie for sure. It even has Luke Skywalker in it. I love the part where the french lady is giving birth in the tank using machine gun ammo belts as leg stirrups. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 years later...

All Superb Films,

But only a few remind me of the horrors of WW2 - Saving Private Ryan/ Wind Talkers(Navajo)/ and the old favourites - Went the Day Well.

Great films and not too forget - Where Eagles Dare/ The Longest Day/ A Bridge Too Far/ The Big Red One..!....Superb..and many, many more modern films.

Best to you all film buffs....sit back with a few beers on a cold rainy Winters day, in the warm...and enjoy!

Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text