Too Late the Hero (Suicide Run)

pylon1357

I recall this movie being called Suicide Run, however, I have a memory like a bloody cheese grater. 

Is this the movie where they are moving out across a field into a jungle and one of the characters starts singing "the Teddy bears Picnic"?  Also the end of the movie two guys make a break for it accross the open field with 1/2 the Japanese Army shooting at them as they zig-zag across the field trying to avoid the inevitable, only one makes it back. 

Yes ,it was Michael Caine and Cliff Robertson who were zig zagging across the open area, and Caine was the only one that made it. Harry Andrews was the Colonel who gave the order to give them covering fire , I think, It was,nt called Suicide Run here . It was Too late the Hero, but there were a lot of stars in it  

• Upvote 1

Ah thank you very very much. I saw this movie many years ago and always thought it was called Suicide Run, but while searching the internet I saw something about Too Late the Hero. I thought maybe my old memory had completely shut me out. I watch a movie purely for entertainment not to pick apart every aspect of it. Hence me being so reluctant to watch Hyena Road. ( which I have and actually enjoyed it)