Here's a little bit about me

christiandbn

Dear All,

I'm currently looking to expand my network of collector friends and I have been invited here by my friend @Manu Della Valle.

Just to introduce myself a little bit, my interested started off with the experiences and paintings of my grandfather, who was a Maltese merchant seaman with the British Merchant navy, having been on convoys in the North Atlantic, Pacific and the mediterranean.

But my interest really went into high gear when I started doing reenactment and where I met some local collectors from the same club. Being in Malta, Brigade Ramcke was the chosen unit (the German para unit scheduled for the invasion of Malta). In addition to the Luftwaffe operations over Malta during the war, my research and collection is always inclined towards the Luftwaffe Branch. Infact, my first item in my collection which I got from my grandfather was a HE 50kg bomb dropped over Malta.

My collection currently consists of EM uniforms pieces, equipment and some photo albums, although I must admit that my focus is frequently diverted by the occasional Kriegsmarine uniform bit. In addition, I try to get my hands on anything from the British side, which is closely related to the war in Malta.

As a side project, I try to implement what I've learned and observed through experiences with original items, into resarched reproductions. Some of you may be aware of my online store: www.luftwaffesupplies.com

I will be looking forward to seeing the material in this forum and to share with you some photos.

Edited by christiandbn
  • Upvote 4

• Major General

Hello @christiandbn, welcome!

I'm sure I know you from somewhere...have you been active on the FB forum?

Hey @Bil4338,

I am quite active on Facebook across multiple groups, but mostly on the Luftwaffe ones. Is there one in particular which you guys frequent and consider to be worthwhile? 

• Major General
22 hours ago, christiandbn said:

Hey @Bil4338,

I am quite active on Facebook across multiple groups, but mostly on the Luftwaffe ones. Is there one in particular which you guys frequent and consider to be worthwhile? 

Well...aye, this one!

• Upvote 2