BF 109E New kit from HPH

Davejb

If anyones interested, theres a new kit being sold , a 1/18th scale BF 109E, made by HPH,currently on sale at E-Models UK, its obviously a big kit, and its only £399.95, so I reckon I,ll have two of them , but first I,ll have to sell my body, which means I,ll have a long wait!!!!!!!!!

Hi @Davejb

It sounds like a great model kit, but at that price I won't be rushing out to buy it :)

D

For 400 quid I'd want it to be bloody 1/6th scale!!!!

Not overly detailed for such a large and pricey kit!If you strive to put a big boy in your collection either go for a 1/24th Airfix Mossie or Tiffy!
My 0.02 RM worth!

I know the subject VERY,VERY well and with such a big kit there would have been room for a lot of more details,and it lacks many that are found on smaller kits!
HPH' Arado,PBY Catalina and the new Helldiver are really good resin kits but this one is definitely NOT worth the money if you ask me!

• Upvote 1

I have the Tiffy so does Steve T, he has the Mossie and I have the 1/24th Stuka, and they are very detailed, the Stuka is a completely different Airfix kit as opposed to the original one, more detail, better fitting, excellent pilots, and really good canopies, the decals could do with being a bit better as they still have that awful silvery effect but with some top coat applied they look ok. The lack of detail in the ME109 especially the cockpit area is disappointing and the lack of a figure is surprising, I wish all companies would supply figures with their models of a large size. The cost of the ME 109 is ridiculous for what you get

I hear you!I've spent boatloads of money on AM and detaling sets  (OF MY OWN ACCORD and NOT because the original kit was that bad!) for certain models and sometimes I spent more than what they ask for that kit but, at that price and that scale, certain omissions and a general lack of care cannot be excused!

Edited by Manu Della Valle