Beastly

Beastly

Hello, I'm from Louisiana and have been collecting about a year. I  collect WW1, WW2 and Vietnam era field gear. My grandfather and two of his brothers served in WW2, another one served in Korea. My Uncle was killed his second tour in Vietnam in 1969. I was given some of their personal effects and that got me interested in both collecting and learning the history that goes along with it. 

• Upvote 2

Welcome into the fold, for newish collectors, this is the place to be, its a gentle insight into our hobby with a great bunch of people, Forums can be a bit daunting to new members especially if there are a lot of self opinionated so called "experts", you wont find that type of attitude here, I,ve been on a few and this one is the best plus we,re not afraid to make the "occasional" quip here and there. For a forum to be successful you have to have a very good admin staff and people you can trust, this one ticks all the boxes, Enjoy yourself here

• Upvote 2

Welcome @Beastly!

I think that there will be more "modern militaria" collectors getting up every day.

With "modern" I mean: everything between 1945 and now.
Well, to my opinion it is a good thing, because every conflict has to be remembered!

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Hi @Beastly, have a great time here...tons of knowledge on the friendliest forum ever.

• Upvote 1