Vietnam era leather flight jacket

Beastly

I just got my first military issue leather jacket and it is in great condition. I would like to know how to keep it in good condition as I plan on wearing it some. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks 

Lord Sheratons Leather balsam, cleans rehydrates and protects leather and will keep it supple

• Upvote 2

To answer your question, I got this at an estate sale. They said it was Vietnam era, the tag is worn and unable to read it. I just had to have it weather it was or wasn't. ?  

Here is a picture, let me know what you think. I know it's a G-1 maybe you can help me date it. image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Hi @Beastly it looks very similiar to an Averex G1 and at quick glance some of the patches seem to be similiar to the Top Gun G1 version.What patches are on the upper arms,and can you supply more pictures ?,zip,liner,even the faded label too.I am away for two weeks mate so no massive rush ;).

All the best Paul

I thought you wanted to know HOW to keep it in good condition

I did, and thanks I ordered some Lord Sheraton leather balsam. As I don't know anything about this jacket he offered some information on it. I'm fixing to post some pictures on the help identify page. If you know anything about the G-1 all info. is appreciated. 

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Well whatever era this comes from...I hope it is Vietnam....It is SUPERB!......Keep It, Wear it and Enjoy a Super Jacket...Lucky Man & Well Done!!!