Prussian Officers Picklehaube

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Guest Fred Karno's Army

I picked this up in the week,it's a nice salty example needs a bit of TLC here and there but it is what it is ;).Not wishing to add another to the ones I already have so watch the selling page ;).

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Guest Fred Karno's Army
7 minutes ago, Norrie said:

Gorgeous helmet......mibbes one day @Fred Karno's Army...but not today...sorry ...:)

What the hell is a mibbes ? O.o,some kind of snack biscuit ? 

37 minutes ago, Fred Karno's Army said:

What the hell is a mibbes ? O.o,some kind of snack biscuit ? 

@Fred Karno's Army...a word taken from the great Kenny Dalglieshes vocabluarly....Mibbes aye, Mibbes naw.....:)

Nice one Fred, I had to sew a liner into my Bavarian, and the rear neck visor had come away exactly in the same place as yours, so that had to be re-sewn. Mine has a leather 1917 dated chin strap, but i,m looking for the side roundel discs denoting the State from where it came, not all that easy to find

Guest Fred Karno's Army

Thanks guys,I personally wouldn't want to improve on what it is already,it might not be complete or the prettiest but has that brought back souvenir then forgotten about for 100 years look ;),it's not been messed with,yes it's missing bits but that's how it has been for years when you look at it.A good honest untouched bring back IMHO :).  

Edited by Fred Karno's Army