My latest acquisition

Bil4338

• Major General

Here it is at last, hotfoot from Hungary...

Berlin city police shako in rather nice condition.been touched up in a couple of places, but then who hasn't?! 9_9

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Upvote 2

• Major General

...now for a felt one...black trim...and a brown trim one too! 9_9;)

• Upvote 1

That is a damn fine Shako. in really good condition, the liners excellent and the main body of the cap still retains a good overall paint. It always amazes me that most of these turn up in pretty good condition,compared to caps and helmets, but obviously these were worn during a specific tour of duty on a daily basis and not exposed to field use. I missed out on a very decent Shako a couple of yrs ago, it was online auction, started very low and crept up slowly but I missed out, got pooped at the final bid by a couple of quid, Well gutted

PS. have you looked for a date on the chin strap, some of these are WW1 dated

Edited by Davejb
addition

• Major General

Actually thought about looking at the Chinny, but haven't yet.will do now and get back on that...............

...........ok, there is a partial round stamp, only a third of it, and totally illegible.just my luck, but hey ho...9_9

Hey @Bil4338, just commented on your nice White Police Helmet.....and made reference to a German Police Shako.......how spooky us that! Lucky for you it's not a Rural one or I'd have to be asking some questions.....Check out my comment and you'll see why ;)

Liking your new acquisition btw!

• Upvote 1

• Major General

Heh heh, certainly wasn't me, I dunno where these all went-probably some bent copp....err, I mean some unscrupulous individual probably had a hand in their disposal:(:o

• Upvote 1