Show us your German headgear...

Lenny

I got this one.  Used to be in better shape, though, until I sent it out for evaluation as a possible trade for a Panzer Officer (Major) first model tropical tunic and pants.  The guy was very honest, and sent it back insured prior to our negotiations.  When it came back, the box had been torn open, the sweatband was partially torn out, albeit, not damaged, and the RZM label had been removed.  Now, this was in 1967, so there were still a lot of postal workers that had been vets.  Box may have been damaged and the cap exposed, to a vet postal worker that took umbrage at it.  I filed a complaint with the local post office, and was told that I shouldn't be collecting that crap anyway.  It should have been burned.  So much for that, and the insurance claim went nowhere: Value could not be determined.  I resewed the sweatband into the cap and lost the deal for the DAK Panzer uniform. >:(

At any rate here it is. Yes, it does not have the embossed runes nor the RZM stamp, but as it is an early one, many didn't. 

IMG_0586.JPG

IMG_0587.JPG

IMG_0531.JPG

IMG_0538.JPG

IMG_0545.JPG

IMG_0547 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0599.JPG

IMG_0549.JPG

IMG_0550.JPG

IMG_0551 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0552 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0553.JPG

IMG_0554.JPG

IMG_0555.JPG

IMG_0590.JPG

IMG_0591 - Copy.JPG

IMG_0592.JPG

IMG_0593.JPG

IMG_0594.JPG

IMG_0597.JPG

IMG_0598.JPG

IMG_0600.JPG

• Upvote 3

I'd like to post them one by one in detail.....and have @BenVK join us with his gorgeous pieces!

• Upvote 2

• Major General

Amazing headgear chaps!:o

• Upvote 2

Not solely into headgear, but I'll post a few.  Some overlap.  Don't recall if I posted this one before.  It's my Hermann Meyer, complete with original sun flap and sweat!

P1010090.JPG

P1010085.JPG

P1010086.JPG

P1010087.JPG

P1010088.JPG

P1010089.JPG

• Upvote 1

WWII German General's Schirmmütze.  Got this over forty years ago.  Peak is a liability.  I think it was due to poor storage, but still a rarity.

P1010046.JPG

P1010047.JPG

P1010048.JPG

P1010049.JPG

P1010051.JPG

P1010053.JPG

P1010054.JPG

P1010055.JPG

P1010056.JPG

P1010057.JPG

P1010058.JPG

P1010060.JPG

P1010061 - Copy.JPG

P1010062.JPG

P1010063.JPG

P1010064.JPG

P1010065.JPG

P1010066.JPG

P1010068.JPG

P1010069.JPG

P1010125.JPG

P1010128.JPG

• Upvote 1

Thats a fine example of a Meyer, but it has always made me wonder if they copied our officers caps, for this model

• Upvote 1

I'd have to say they did.  Same thing for the KM tropical cap.  It has been common practice to adopt a popular item of uniform dress for centuries.  Look at the popularity of the Pickelhaube world-wide in the 19th century. 

Another fine cap, but I,m not sure its poor storage that caused the damage as the remainder of the cap is in very good order, I think it might be the laquer has degraded, BenVK would be able to comment on this

Words FAIL ME!:x
Why don't you post your fabulous caps in detail one by one @ahrtal in the headgear forum?The GREAT caps I've seen here deserve dedicated threads not to be "submerged" by each other!My 0.02

• Thanks 1

• 3 years later...

Terrific collection, thanks for showing ,but I have always thought that the German pardray caps were a little creepy, bearing in mind that they must have known what was going on, re the camps, and other persecutions that were taking place, I wonder how they would have justified their being a part of all that , and being a member of the church

Spotty dog!

I like the Braunschweiger at the end as that is a local unit, which maker is the hat and do you have a picture of the reverse of the loose skull?

The Hifereinen are unusual as well.

The summer top lufty with the green waffenfarbe, what is that branch?

The hat right of the Padre in the middle of 3, what is that funny grey backing, I seen one recently.

Rich

Hi Richard,

Here are some answers + pics :

The summer top lufty with the green waffenfarbe, what is that branch? = Beambte

The hat right of the Padre in the middle of 3, what is that funny grey backing, I seen one recently = Sonderfürer. I onw the 2 paterns.

Michel

IR17 skull (1).jpg

IR17 skull (2).jpg

képi SF 6.jpg

sonderfuhrer 012.jpg

sonderfuhrer 016.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Major General

Fantastic stuff Michel, absolutely amazing! Some very rare pieces there for sure, some I’ll never see again most likely

• Upvote 1

• 1 year later...

Really Sorry to you all for my long, long delay in your kindness in showing these great items, from your superb collection,

I missed them some.....yeah a long time ago......but none the less they are superb!

Sorry again but Thanks for showing on MCN......My Apology!...For the very poor delay in answering.

Best Wishes to you all.......Desert Rat

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

I have added my comment in case there are many new members like me.....who missed these superb items.....My Apology!

Desert Rat