Sten MK.II

Bil4338

• Major General

Here's a throwback from my re-enacting days when I 'did' British Para.my trusty old Sten gun.this was, believe it or not, built by a gentleman in deepest Wales from old metal cabinets.rather like the originals back in the day!fires 9mm blanks on full auto.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 3

• 1 year later...

Great Item....Perfect for your collection.....Luck Man!

An image below taken just after a "Parachutage" in the Vercour ...French Resistance showing their newly arrived stens....Image courtesy of Ian R. Bridle & The Vercour Museum, France

Best Wishes...Desert Rat

VERCOURS 2013 180.JPG

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• 3 months later...

Thanks Bil for showing us this fine example

Best to you...IanB

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• 8 months later...

This is my WW2 Sten MK2...Dropped by a Liberator in 1944 by Parachtage / container, with many more arms, ammo and cigarettes(the Maquis up in their mountain hideout were desperate for tobacco, so they got the SOE agent and wireless operator to message England as to what they needed and desperate for). The Ardeche Maquis were Courageous and  Brave in their fight against the enemy, with all out battles, and for blowing up telegraph lines and communications, railway tracks and trains carrying supplies to Normandy  .This was found in a French farmhouse barn tucked into the roof and well covered over, not found until the farmer decided to put a new roof on about 10 years ago. It was mentioned that this was the local Maquis / FFI.....H.Q. where they met to discuss the next attack, it seems as I was told, that a German "Rassage" took place as they were denounced to the enemy, so the warning went from the look-out to the farm, and they all scattered and hid or took their weapons, to save them being captured and tortured by the Germans and Gestapo. They returned later and get them, but forgot the sten. This is fully UK/ EU deactivated and has the history with it.....A great gun and used as can be seen due to age and wear by the FFI.....Vive La Maquis...!!!

Images of me by the Memorial at St Germain by the river, where two Maquis were captured, beaten (to give the names of their members)  then taken to the river and executed by German firing squad...one was 19 years old the other 35.

Thanks for looking....Desert Rat/ Ian

2007-11-08 08.16.10-3.jpg

2007-11-08 08.16.10-1.jpg

2007-11-08 08.16.10-4.jpg

2007-11-08 08.16.12-2.jpg

thumbnail_ian sten 3.jpg

2007-11-08 08.16.02.jpg

2007-11-08 08.16.06-4.jpg

2007-11-08 08.16.08-1.jpg

• Like 2

Many Thanks S & S,

Do you have any idea what this is worth when I get it back with the deact cert etc?

Am I allowed to add it - For Sale - on MCN....?

Thanks & best wishes...Desert Rat..Ian

Hello Norrie,

Have you bought a Sten MK 2 as yet?.........as mine will be for sale soon, once I get the OK to advertise it on MCN from Lenny?

Many Thanks....Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Desert Rat said:

Hello Norrie,

Have you bought a Sten MK 2 as yet?.........as mine will be for sale soon.

Please let me know if you are interested....or anyone on MCN.

Many Thanks....Desert Rat/ Ian

Nope...didn't get that replica....BUT, might be interested in a deact...my Unc Robin was in the Paras, late in WW2, then into Palestine...would love to have one to make a display for him.....obviously all depends on price...might have to sell one of my  hunting rifles first tho....... Thats him, bottom row, extreme left...:)

Uncle robin018a.jpg

• Thanks 1

• Major General

Guys, a wee reminder....all sales only in the shop section please...

• Thanks 1

Hello Bil,

Thanks I understand that, but just waiting to see if Lenny will allow me to advertise it on MCN?

Best to you.....Ian

Hello Norrie,

Thanks for your message and a great image.

Just waiting to see if I can sell it on MCN.....as I dont really know?

Best to you...Desert Rat/ Ian

• Major General

DR, further to my previous reply, there’s the big question of legality here.afaik it’s illegal to sell a deactivated weapon on unless it’s been re-deactivated to current government applied specifications so I’d leave it well alone.i.e., no, you can’t buy or sell, here or anywhere else!

• Thanks 1

Hello Bil,

Thanks for your reply, it is fully deactivated and has the certificate etc with it, all up to 2018 deact spec. Does that still disallow me to sell it on MCN?

Thanks for your advice Bil....I just checked and did send Lenny a message about 3 days ago.

Best to you....Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

Hello Lenny,

If you read this, am I allowed to advertise a WW2 (French Resistance- FFI) MK 2 Sten machine gun on MCN?

All fully deactivated according to 2018 spec...with certificate etc???????

Many Thanks...IanB/ Desert Rat

• 5 months later...

Hello Bil,

Hope all is well with you. I have the MK2 Sten on the sell department now, it cost me 500 Euros in France, I have fired it superb...!

But for D&B Militaria to deact it with a certificate and repair it was £400 (I have the receipts).

But if you are interested please make me an offer.

Very best to you....Desert Rat/ Ian

• Major General

Ian

1 sorry, I’m not interested in your sten

2 you’ve been told before, you need to post sales items in the sales section

3 it may well be illegal for you to sell a deact here, depending on the deactivation standard

please pay particular attention to the various rules here it could save you and us a lot of unecessary hassle!

Hello Bil,

As far as I am aware it is for sale in the  - Buy/Sell/ Trade - section as requested a few days ago?

It was confirmed to me that it is legal to sell it on MCN....as it a has a full UK/ EU deact certificate 2018, as in the advert, as can be clearly seen!

Thanks for your advice Bil......but as far as I know all is correct with UK law and MCN regulations....Any problems please let me know.

Best t you...Desert Rat/ Ian

Edited by Desert Rat
correction to text

• 4 weeks later...

Hello Bil,

Just to confirm this is the deact cert 2018-----EU/ UK .

Scan_20181129 (2).jpg

Hello Bil,

Here is the deact cert......All legal to sell to anyone over 18 I have been informed.

Best to you Ian/ Desert Rat